Black Chroming questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I been looking at getting some of my Vmax parts black chromed. I am a little anti chrome. Looking at having the scoops, sissy/ grab bar, side panels and maybe the wheels and fork lowers done too.
I did a quick web search and came up with a process called PVD. Does anyone know if this process holds up well to normal wear and tear? How it looks compared to regular chroming?
Thanks in advance for your responses!

I been looking at getting some of my Vmax parts black chromed. I am a little anti chrome. Looking at having the scoops, sissy/ grab bar, side panels and maybe the wheels and fork lowers done too.
I did a quick web search and came up with a process called PVD. Does anyone know if this process holds up well to normal wear and tear? How it looks compared to regular chroming?

It's a good thing that you are anti-chrome? Sean has some really nice black chrome.

Most powder coaters can do a black chrome as long as the surface being done is clean (scratch free) since it is an opaque coating. dont know about durability though.

Email Sean Morley at [email protected] or P/M him here at one2dmax. He does black chroming...

Back