Black Reservoir Covers..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find the black reservoir covers with 'VMax' on them? I've seen them on ebay randomly but thats about it.

one of mine may have a few vicious file marks on it...:whistlin:

bitz doesn't have 'em but exactrep does. $50 plus shipping is steep, i thought the ebay ones were like 20 plus some shipping... i'll keep my eyes open, thnx mark

Garrett, Google 'Black V Max reservoir covers' should get some hits.
Also, make sure the ones you get have allen head screws incl., much easier to deal with than phillips.

danny

danny! I KNOW MAN!!!!!!! i spent 3 FUCKING hours getting one of them out last night. i immeidately replaced them with some phillips ones but only b/c the local hw store didnt' have allen. i'll have to do some shopping around... bolts are not my forte lately. 25 hrs and counting to change pads/rotors and bleed my brakes.. haven't even gotten to the bleeding yet

Do you have an impact screw driver? It makes life MUCH easier. Also having a bottle or tube of anti-seize around comes in handy. I use it on every bolt that doesn't require loc-tite.

Chris

Do you have an impact screw driver? It makes life MUCH easier. Also having a bottle or tube of anti-seize around comes in handy. I use it on every bolt that doesn't require loc-tite.

Chris

haha yea tried that. it was useless as center was already drilled out from the easy-out. holy shit man i tried everything. its out now. thats what matters.

i don't see teh black ones listed but i asked the seller how to order a pair of black ones. thanks g.

I bought my black covers on eBay from billetmotorparts. They came with new Phillips head screws, but they were a piece of cake. They look great on the bike. I would also suggest putting new rubber gaskets on when you change them out too. I didn't change the gasket when I put the new covers on and I got a drop of brake fluid on my right scoop.:bang head:

I bought my black covers on eBay from billetmotorparts. They came with new Phillips head screws, but they were a piece of cake. They look great on the bike. I would also suggest putting new rubber gaskets on when you change them out too. I didn't change the gasket when I put the new covers on and I got a drop of brake fluid on my right scoop.:bang head:

hmm thanks.. ebay can't find that seller, but i do remember reading about the gaskets.

There is no getting away from it... "If you own a V-Max, you need these caps.

What to do? I've gone this long without them... Stock seems to suffice and they come black... lol

Chris

What to do? I've gone this long without them... Stock seems to suffice and they come black... lol

Chris

until u beat the shit out of them with a file.:rofl_200:

Yeah I used a road to beat the shit out of my clutch side. Stock went back on but I needed the whole assembly.

Latest posts

Back