Blown oil pick up oring symptoms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stmax

Reaction score
The oil level in the sight glass isn't going down at an idle like it should. When I rev it up, it goes down a little and gets foamy. I removed the pan expecting to see a blown oring but unfortunately it isn't blown. Are there any other things that could cause this problem? I went ahead and bought the updated pick up tube and Kawasaki oring but haven't installed it yet. The bike is an 89 with 38k, runs great with no strange engine noises. Last time I rode it about 4 months ago, the oil level went down like it's supposed to do. Thanks for your input!

It's a direct drive oil pump. I can't imagine what you may have going on other then the oring which you've already verified as good. And as long as the teeth on all the various drive gears are good.

It's a direct drive oil pump. I can't imagine what you may have going on other then the oring which you've already verified as good. And as long as the teeth on all the various drive gears are good.
Thanks! I'll give it all a closer look. Does the oil pump have to come out in order to get to the tube with the oring?

I think you can get the transfer tubing removed enough to get the oring swapped out. But, it's only 3 bolts to get the pump off the block so you can clean out the screen and have it ready to go back in.

IMO you may be tilting at windmills.
Rather than chase something that is probably not an issue why not develop your paranoia further by fitting an oil pressure gage. :eek:
It will either show you have a problem or more likely you don't.

Back