Brake pads from eBay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is that there is no way they fit 1993-2007 Front calipers.
Yamaha upgraded from 2-Pot to 4-Pot front calipers in 1993.
They will fit all year rear calipers though.

Personally I use EBC FA160HH - Front and EBC FA88HH - Rear with my STOCK Calipers and Rotors.
I've been running EBC HH pads front and rear for years and I'm very happy with them compared to OEM Pads.

I really only need the rears as the fronts still show plenty of life left. I was kind of weary of ordering these because I've ordered pads from ebay before that only lasted 6 months if that. But you just never know. There could be a forum member that has had good results with these.

Personally I use EBC FA160HH - Front and EBC FA88HH - Rear with my STOCK Calipers and Rotors.
I've been running EBC HH pads front and rear for years and I'm very happy with them compared to OEM Pads.
+1, using the EBC HH brake pads I get probably 3-4 times the life on the rears that I do on the front. I use the front brakes every time I stop along with the rear that is used, I'm guessing, about 60% of the time. I have also heard that the HH pads are easier on the discs.

How do I find these EBC pads? Is that the name of the pads???
Thanks

I would never go cheap on a safety item. Just not worth it...

brake pictures...

Attachments

• 71asY9Eqy+L._SL1500_.jpg
    71asY9Eqy+L._SL1500_.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 15
How long should brake pads last?
I just swapped tires and the rear pads are 3/4 gone. I replaced them last year only 4000 miles on them at most. Is that normal ? I ride like I don't have brakes downshift mostly. Bike just turned 16k miles as well.

Thanks
Brian

How long should brake pads last?
I just swapped tires and the rear pads are 3/4 gone. I replaced them last year only 4000 miles on them at most. Is that normal ? I ride like I don't have brakes downshift mostly. Bike just turned 16k miles as well.

Thanks
Brian
What Mfg/ type pads are you using? How are your fronts looking? You may want to try EBC pads, I've had great results with their HH pad, good wear and great stopping power. Talk to Sean Morley for the hookup.

It sounds like you are slightly holding the brake. Try adjusting the pedal down a little bit. I do have the HH/Sintered though I still don't prefer them with the solid rotors (pads are cheaper then rotors).

Sean

It sounds like you are slightly holding the brake. Try adjusting the pedal down a little bit. I do have the HH/Sintered though I still don't prefer them with the solid rotors (pads are cheaper then rotors).

Sean

I'm planning on redoing brakes next winter new rotors pads etc but I will check pedal. Also I should have mention old pad's I changed last year and the pad's on now... the outside pad wore noticeable more on the bottom about 1/32 than the top but the inside pad wore even.

The pad's I bought were cheap dealership pads I forgot name.

Almost forgot the front's are still real good and I haven't changed them yet.

Back