Brake pads?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
I can't even buy a set of brake pads without getting bombbarded with information overload..lol..what should I go with for REAR pads, Brand-material-manufacturer-web site? I got to stop this beast & it's brakeing qualities are poor to begin with. thanx alot.

1985 max

I run EBC's "double H" superbike pads in my front R1 calipers, and EBCs standard replacements for the rear stock. The front brakes have a slight hiss(which other people seem to notice but I don't) at all times, but have tremendous bite, don't fade out, and will stop the bike on a dime. They seem to be holding up fairly well for wear also.

In the meantime, try flushing the brake fluid. 25 year old fluid will be watery and probably brown. It doesn't work as well. With my old GS450, it had nearly 30 year old fluid in the cylinder, lines, ect and the brakes were weak as hell. New fluid made a huge difference.

EBC and Galfer are both excellent (I stock Galfers but EBC's can be shipped direct just as easily for me).

HH front and standard rear.

The real upgrade is swapping out the stock calipers on the front for my Huyabusa conversion. That gives a tremendous increase in braking.

Sean

Latest posts

Back