Broke swingarm in half!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swingarm has been powder coated in high gloss black and installed as of Friday morning. Feels much more stable now. I didnt have time to get the braces welded in.
I actually leaned it over so far into a turn I rubbed the outter part of my left boot.

Also got pulled over Sunday morning on a 2 lane country back road through a field. I was running 55MPH in a 30 zone and came on to a cop sitting on the side of the road shooting radar. I slowed down to 48 not diving my front end to obvious. Well came to the stop sign and heard the siren whale!:bang head:
I turned around and he was up my ass!! I got off my bike and and luckily I knew the cop who pulled me over. I took my helmet off and he said "Ohh brother Yankee, get outta here" :eusa_dance:

Swingarm has been powder coated in high gloss black and installed as of Friday morning. Feels much more stable now. I didnt have time to get the braces welded in.
I actually leaned it over so far into a turn I rubbed the outter part of my left boot.

Also got pulled over Sunday morning on a 2 lane country back road through a field. I was running 55MPH in a 30 zone and came on to a cop sitting on the side of the road shooting radar. I slowed down to 48 not diving my front end to obvious. Well came to the stop sign and heard the siren whale!:bang head:
I turned around and he was up my ass!! I got off my bike and and luckily I knew the cop who pulled me over. I took my helmet off and he said "Ohh brother Yankee, get outta here" :eusa_dance:
i been lucky this year passed several cop running radar on the highway...i swear with the stock pipes they dont hear me comming and when i pass there still looking down the highway....not sure if the radar is not picking up the max ..the pipes or just lucky

i been lucky this year passed several cop running radar on the highway...i swear with the stock pipes they dont hear me comming and when i pass there still looking down the highway....not sure if the radar is not picking up the max ..the pipes or just lucky

You hit the nail on the head with that one Hammerhead! Your pretty sharp for a stick of butter! :rofl_200:
I was cruising Saturday morning and rolled up to redlight next to a motorcycle cop, I looked over at him as he looked at my NOS tank, I gave him the signal lets run! But he didnt even crack a smirk, ohh well guess he didnt find any humor in it!:confused2:

Yankee...

How are we supposed to get you past flex and just to wobbling without bracing the new swingarm???

Glad you are back up and rolling. It would be worth your while to grind the powder and have someone weld the braces on when you get the chance.

Maybe even have them notch it while boxing the relief???

Neil

Yankee...

How are we supposed to get you past flex and just to wobbling without bracing the new swingarm???

Glad you are back up and rolling. It would be worth your while to grind the powder and have someone weld the braces on when you get the chance.

Maybe even have them notch it while boxing the relief???

Neil

I can deal with the flex and wobble once in awhile after riding this thing for 6-7 yrs I have gotten used to it. Plus I am just flat ass tired of putting money into it.
I basically just ride now, not so much going to the dragstrip on a regular bases. I will start heading back to the track once the temps get down into the 60's at night. I cant get into the 1.55's on my 60ft when we have all this humidity, the track just cant hold the 170 tire.

Maybe if I get balls I will run my NOS and post some 6.30's @ 111 - 112 MPH here.

Back