• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Browing 1885 High Wall 7mag, Octoganal Barrell

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I don't known if I'm allowed to post firearms on here, delete if needed, and if so my apologies....

I've got a Browning 1885 High Wall in 7mm Mag. It is a Falling Block Single Shot with an Octoganal Barrell, it's in about 95% or better condition, without box..

It was John Brownings First Patented design which was subsequently sold to Winchester, and them bought back by Browning in the later years....

...Manufactured By Browning in Japan, NOT a bad thing as the Jap Brownings are known to be very good......

It has the "straight" Western style stock, without the typical "pistol" grip, I don't know what the proper terminology is for this, it's straight like an old Model 94 and doesn't have the swept down "handle" typical on modern hunting rifles...

Made for scope only, does not have any sights on it...The thing is so beautiful I hated to put a scope on it, looks like a wall hanger but it's of totally modern mettalurgy and Mfgr.

Has a Leoupold Vari-Ax III 50mm objective with 4.5x-14x Magnification.

I've had it since 1997 and it's been properly maintained and stored in a climate controlled safe. Has had about 300-400 rounds put through it. (I like to range shoot)

I believe the rifle itself is worth $1200-$1500 bought new if you can find one. I believe they are out of production though unless you go with a different "Replica" Manufacturer
The scope is about $500-$700 new.

I'd take $1400 for it if anyone is interested, gonna put it into the Vmax..........

If anyone is interested let me know.....

Pic is off the internet and is not my rifle, but is a good representaion of what mine looks like, the wood is beautiful...........

Attachments

• Browning_1885_High_Wall_30-06_cal_SN_01026_NT_247_mfg_1996_.jpg
    Browning_1885_High_Wall_30-06_cal_SN_01026_NT_247_mfg_1996_.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 18
Back