Bubbles!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josephjhaney

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so one last post on this clutch slave cyl bleed issue. Before I got my mightyvac to bleed the lines, I went out and was just messing with the lever, I took the res cover off and pumped the lever a few times, after a while some pressure did seem to build up, but then, on one of the pumps, a gush of brake fluid came out of the little hole back into the reservoir. Now I was watching this area before, and there wasn't any movement from that little hole. now when I pump the lever, it always lets a little back out that hole.

Also, when I bled the line, there were a LOT, and I do mean a LOT of bubbles, but I couldn't find a drop of brake fluid anywhere around the slave cyl. My question is, could having that little pot clogged with gunk have caused the issue, and not the slave seals going bad? (Of course, this answer will come over the next 1-200 miles of riding, if the clutch starts having issues again, I'll know, but I figured hey, why not as here). :)

Joe

What you're seeing is the clutch master bleeding air back up from the line or clutch slave. Before you go riding, you may want to take a container of fluid along so you can top the master off should it be needed. Bleeding any remaining air upward through the master is normal and is the way I bled my system after rebuilding it.
Takes a long time though.

When you bled and saw LOTS of bubbles....if you were using a mightyvac and there was no thread sealer around the bleeder screw, tape, dope, whatever, the M/V was probly pulling air in around the threads.

put some teflon tape around the threads of the bleed screw as mentioned below. i had the same issue with my mightyvac pulling bubbles everytime I bled it until i wrapped the bleed screw threads. the bubbles stopped however, i invested into a reverse bleeder system and found that by pushing fluid from the slave UP to the clutch master is more efficient and better at removing all air bubbles.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

When you bled and saw LOTS of bubbles....if you were using a mightyvac and there was no thread sealer around the bleeder screw, tape, dope, whatever, the M/V was probly pulling air in around the threads.
i DANNY , YOU ARE DEAD TO RIGHTS ON THIS ! ... I USE ONE OF THESE BLEEDERS ALL OF THE TIME , YOU NEED TO PUT TEFLON TAPE AROUND THE BLEEDER SCREW THREADS , TO GET A TRUE READING ON YOUR AIR ISSUE ! .. :punk:

put some teflon tape around the threads of the bleed screw as mentioned below. i had the same issue with my mightyvac pulling bubbles everytime I bled it until i wrapped the bleed screw threads. the bubbles stopped however, i invested into a reverse bleeder system and found that by pushing fluid from the slave UP to the clutch master is more efficient and better at removing all air bubbles.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

This will be my next step, I plan to replace all the fluid (there seems to be some sediment in the bottom of the master, so I figure I'll pull it dry, then push new fluid up after cleaning it up a bit). So far it seems to be shifting fine, time will tell. I keep looking for fluid under the bike, nothing yet.

Joe

Damn, Danny. You're helping me out all over the place right now. I'm having this exact problem. I'm gonna go home and spin whole bleed screw out, wrap it, and rebleed. I hope it works quickly. I was wondering why it would still bubble when it was tightened down.

Back