Builders/modders forum for non-specific makes or models.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holeshot

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm new as heck around here but I'd like to ask something.

I looked and was not able to find a subforum here for bike builds that are *other than* Vmax based bikes. This is no crime, not at all. My point is that I'd not even mention this AT ALL if I had discovered such a forum here at VMF.

I'd like to introduce you to Ironhorse Motorbike Forum. Here's the link to the home page ...

http://www.ironhorsemotorbikeforum.com/index.php?sid=4e6d64772ca725852188e21a363d484d

My moniker there is WFO. I am an administrator as well as a founding member there.

Now then, before any feathers get ruffled I want to explain myself. I came to this forum because of my enthusiasm for the Yamaha Vmax. And I was turned on to this place by a member of a Honda Magna forum when I had questions about the Vmax in comparison to the Honda V65. His answers were concise and polite, and I figured if he was indicative of "who" populates this place it would be some place I'd want to involve myself with.

After becoming a member here and being involved in several discussions so far, I find the membership here to be heady and exciting. Sweet brain trust you got going on here! Excellent forum, well run, FAT with info, and cooly people.

The forum I run with a fella named Bobber is for folks that are building whatever. No fences, no walls, no boxes or definitions. We take anyone. Here's a "Welcome" I wrote that describes what and who were are ....

http://www.ironhorsemotorbikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52

Since I am unable to locate a sortof "other than" forum here, I thought I'd mention ours.

If this is a stretch or violation of ANY rules here at VmaxForum then by all means delete it immediately. I've come to like this place far too much to get banned simply because I promo'd our "bastard bike" builder's forum here. But if this is cool to post here, I'd like to think that some of you might have something other than a Vmax you're working up that we at Ironhorse would be ever so happy to offer a home to.

In the same vein I'd say that we'd be more than happy to provide links to this place for those Vmax builders that happen to our little bikeshop in the outlands. Many of the tech articles (here) are applicable in philosophy to many bikes/builds as well. So I figure our membership at Ironhorse would do well to join and learn a bit from you fellas here! For example, I've been involved in a fork thread here that has been simply fascinating!

Thanks a lot folks. Again if I've done a bad thang here let me know and I'll delete this thread instantly or I'll get ahold of the mods and have them do it. We don't "sell" anything there so I'm not drumming business. I just thought some of you would appreciate knowing about our lonely little sad-assed forum populated with more goofballs like myself building non-Vmax bikes.

Thanks ... all the best ...

Brian ..

Doh! Btw ... here's my little Magna project .. I just got my TIG foot control for my welder so I'm FINALLY back on track with building again! ...

http://www.ironhorsemotorbikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54

L8r Sk8rs ... :punk: and thanks once more.

Thanks! I sure do appreciate it! New ideas and projects are always welcome.

Holeshot ...

Back