Busa Brake Conversion Completed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayoublaster

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw up a few pics of my finished Busa brake conversion. Front rotors and caliper install went well. The back one took a little extra work, but even then it wasn't all that bad. Actually it would have went a bit easier if I had looked at the pic Sean sent me (found it after I had completed the customizing of the rear adapter he sent) when I ordered the adapters. My back adapter bracket came out amazingly close to what Sean had in the pic.

I only put about 20 or so miles on it today, but I can honestly say that the brakes are getting better mile by mile. We don't have too many twisties around here so it may take me a while. That and the fact that I just put new rubber on front and back too and kinda taking it easier than normal.

Thanks again Sean for the adapters and the custom rear brake line. I don't know anyone else who would have taken adapters off of their own bike to send to me. That's service!

Here are a few pics of the finished install. I also threw in a couple of pics of the new speedo I just installed too. It's a hell of a speedo.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone here as I couldn't have done this project without ya'll.

Attachments

• Front brake.jpg
    Front brake.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Rear brake.jpg
    Rear brake.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Side 001.jpg
    Side 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 118
  • P7244135.jpg
    P7244135.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 123
  • Koso 003.jpg
    Koso 003.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 111
Great Mods.... :clapping: I gotta ask,,, who makes the tach / speedo?????
I need one of those...

KOSO RX2N+ I am guessing. Would love to see what the front of the bike looks like with that speedo WITHOUT a windscreen. I never did see a front shot of one mounted.
Would be cool if you could post the picture of the adapter that Sean sent you.

Good work man. You now have almost as much braking pots as i do... Im aiming for 24 though but not right now... LOL... Now i'll keep it with the 20... he he. That Koso setup is really good. Any issues with making it work? Did you connect all the data, water temp, fuel quant, etc? Are you using the speedo cable setup adapter or the magnetic bolts? Thanks

The speedo is a KOSO model RX-2N. Right now I have the normal stuff hooked up (turn signals, neutral indicator, high beam, oil) but I still have to hook up the water sensor and I haven't done that yet as my temp guage is acting a little screwy right now (I have to put a new ground connection on it). The gas gauge won't work properly as I understand it as it has something to do with incorrect ohms sent from the fuel tank that is somehow incompatable with what it recognizes as low fuel on the speedo. I'd have to look back at the manual and their forum to explain it to you in detail. I actually have the model which requires no speedo cable. It alos requires no magnets either. The sensor picks up the rotor bolts as they cross the sensor and sends a signal to the speedo. All you have to do is put in your tire circumference in mm and tell it how many caliper bolts you have on the wheel and you'll be damn close (I set it yesterday and was actually .8 mph on the low side. Not too bad so I just left it at that. You can also practice 1/4 mile times as the timer doesn't start until the bike moves and one of the 6 rotor bolts crosses the sensor and the timer stops at a 1/4 mile, then the light comes on, and your time is recorded. It also has a pre-shift and shift light, max speed warning indicator, and got it shipped to the house for around $325. As far as hooking it up, I had few problems there. I managed to wire in most of the wires off of the factory gauge cluster on the tank. I forgot exactly what I used to plug the factory speedo hole in the front wheel though. It doesn't hurt that it looks pretty cool at night either!

If you want to see what the adapter looks like for the front or back, Sean could hook you up with that one as mine is already mounted. I have a pic of the rear one that he sent me, but I wouldn't want to publish it here as it is his design and I hope you understand even though I'm sure he wouldn't mind, as much as he has helped me out, I wouldn't do anything to disrespect him.

The speedo is a KOSO model RX-2N. Right now I have the normal stuff hooked up (turn signals, neutral indicator, high beam, oil) but I still have to hook up the water sensor and I haven't done that yet as my temp guage is acting a little screwy right now (I have to put a new ground connection on it). The gas gauge won't work properly as I understand it as it has something to do with incorrect ohms sent from the fuel tank that is somehow incompatable with what it recognizes as low fuel on the speedo. I'd have to look back at the manual and their forum to explain it to you in detail. I actually have the model which requires no speedo cable. It alos requires no magnets either. The sensor picks up the rotor bolts as they cross the sensor and sends a signal to the speedo. All you have to do is put in your tire circumference in mm and tell it how many caliper bolts you haauxve on the wheel and you'll be damn close (I set it yesterday and was actually .8 mph on the low side. Not too bad so I just left it at that. You can also practice 1/4 mile times as the timer doesn't start until the bike moves and one of the 6 rotor bolts crosses the sensor and the timer stops at a 1/4 mile, then the light comes on, and your time is recorded. It also has a pre-shift and shift light, max speed indicator, and got it shipped to the house for around $325. As far as hooking it up, I had few problems there. I managed to wire in most of te wires off of the factory gauge cluster on the tank. I forgot exactly what I used to plug the factory speedo hole in the front wheel though. It doesn't hurt that it looks pretty cool at night either!

If you want to see what the adapter looks like for the front or back, Sean could hook you up with that one as mine is already mounted. I have a pic of the rear one that he sent me, but I wouldn't want to publish it here as it is his design and I hope you understand even though I'm sure he wouldn't mind, as much as he has helped me out, I wouldn't do anything to disrespect him.

The Koso looks great. I've been planning on getting one. Someone in the UK sells one for the max. I think they provide a speedo adapter, or something. Can you tell us where you got yours, $325.00 shipped seems like a good price.

Latest posts

Back