Buying another bike....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know Todd..........With Busa Mike running around next year flexing his muscle you may want to go that route too............Tho I still think I can kick his butt light to light with my stock Gen 1..........:biglaugh:...........Tom.

I don't know Todd..........With Busa Mike running around next year flexing his muscle you may want to go that route too............Tho I still think I can kick his butt light to light with my stock Gen 1..........:biglaugh:...........Tom.

I thought maybe I would let Mike have one season of being able to kick my butt.....:biglaugh:

The Bandit is a fun bike on the street, very steerable torque. I had a Gen 2, for a few years and still own and won't sell my Gen 3. Getting to the nines can be done, but you need big bore kits, Turbo, or Nos. $$ obviously, but still a terrible bike. Tons of parts available due to the interchangeability of the Suzuki oil burners.

If I do pick up the Bandit, I'll never chase it to the 9's. Just a pipe and jet kit to make it sound and run a little better, thats it. I know it will never be fast, but I need it to be atleast a little fast so I can atleast have some fun. Otherwise I would buy a KZ750 for $500.... LOL.

I still have all winter to find someone that needs xmas money also. So I am in no big rush.

Todd i feel that you need to find yourself a bike that would hit low 10's we all now you well enough to know anything else would be to slow for you. And what ever you get i hope you can at least stay with me. Im telling you i got a good feeling about that orange busa. Its got 1340 cc at a good price. we would need to look at it to make sure but i dont think you will get more bike for less money.

Light to light. Im to fast for lights so i will see you stoping at the next light in my rear view grandpa Bee. :biglaugh:

Never mind on that busa Todd the sale's dip shit is a big dumb ass.

If Todd and Mike were both riding 'busas, I guess I would have to go get a ZX14 so I could follow them around and listen to their pipes...

Naa, I want the BMW 6 cylinder... And a private jet

"Silky-smooth?"

Don't these have a bad buzziness at-speed, in the upper-half of the tach?

A good price, and throw a bunch of GSXR stuff at it if you want more power, and can tolerate the high-frequency/low-amplitude 'buzziness.'

neither of my Bandits were/are buzzy, although I do prefer the 6th gear of my newer one. If a 10 sec bike is good enough, then a Bandit fits the bill ( money wise). Tons of bang for the Buck. Dale Walker is a Bandit Guru, he knows theses machines in and out. Jetting, timing advance, and pipe. Miles and smiles.

"Silky-smooth?"

Don't these have a bad buzziness at-speed, in the upper-half of the tach?

A good price, and throw a bunch of GSXR stuff at it if you want more power, and can tolerate the high-frequency/low-amplitude 'buzziness.'

a lil bit but not annoyingly so. the 600 bandit however is very buzzy at speed....to the point the rear view is vibrating:rofl_200:. really gotta keep that 600 singing. same engine as in the 600 katana I believe.

I had a 2004 Bandit with Ivan's Jet Kit, Yoshimura Titanium tri-oval slip-on and K&N filter. Got rid of the lean problems and had great throttle response. Would wheelie if grabbed too much throttle in first without having to feather the clutch. This was with higher gearing (smaller rear sprocket) for better gas mileage for the long trips I took with it. Added Givi bags and trunk for those long trips. Was a great bike. Was last gen with air/oil cooling. Next gen had water cooling.

Picture taken at a Louisiana rest stop in the rain on way to Barber Museum.

Attachments

• 5 - LA Rest Stop.jpg
    5 - LA Rest Stop.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 17
Back