Cager Pet Peeves

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. left lane bandits, especially the ones doing the speed limit
2. same as above, but the LLB decides to cross over lanes of traffic to make the exit on the right.
3. people who would rather sit and wait for the green arrow, at a left turn lane with a green light, and no oncoming traffic....
4. people, coming from the oncoming side of traffic, who decide to make a left turn without signaling.
5. people who ride on their brakes.
6. people who leave a car length between their front bumper and the car or line in front of them....although if I'm nearby on my bike, I'll take advantage and take that spot.

I like the folks where you can clearly see them looking directly at you, from their side view mirror, and STILL turns into your lane, making you have to swerve out of the way. That's a "WTF" moment right there.

I keep this little cam running on my helmet when ever I get on the road.. I need another 3 to look left, right and behind me..
HK Wing Cam.jpg

1. left lane bandits, especially the ones doing the speed limit
2. same as above, but the LLB decides to cross over lanes of traffic to make the exit on the right.
3. people who would rather sit and wait for the green arrow, at a left turn lane with a green light, and no oncoming traffic....
4. people, coming from the oncoming side of traffic, who decide to make a left turn without signaling.
5. people who ride on their brakes.
6. people who leave a car length between their front bumper and the car or line in front of them....although if I'm nearby on my bike, I'll take advantage and take that spot.

All suck, #4 probably kills the most. I've asked my Guardian Angel to be especially alert for this situation. She's saved my ass more than once.
Cheers!

People who run a red - the longer it's been red the more annoyed I get
People who run a red to get ahead in traffic but end up stopping and blocking the junction
People using their phone
Women doing makeup
Men reading the newspaper
Men doing their makeup
People who use their fog light in the middle of a clear day
People who refuse to look at me while I'm throwing obscene gestures at them
People who brake, turn, indicate

1) That seventy-five foot long 1960's Caddilac with Florida plates doin 35 in a 55 zone. You know the one I am talking about. The one where you look through the rear window, and all you see is a tuft of blue hair and a pair of wrinkled knuckles on the steering wheel. And it's ALWAYS in a no passing zone with heavy traffic coming your way.
These are the ones that I PRAY that they have their window down, because when the opportunity to pass comes, drop down into first, and blow past her with that engine screaming! It is my dream that my last view of each and every one of them in my rearview will be of them in the ditch clutching their chest!

2) People who drive twenty miles with their right turn signal on, then turn left without hitting their turn signal. Yeah... not only do they forget that they have the turn signal on, because they suddenly realize they don't want that side street, but then when they get to the street they want, THEY NEVER SIGNAL! What kind of crack are they smoking??? *grumbles*

3) Blue headlights. Why the fuck those ain't been made illegal is beyond me. I get a migraine just driving a car with them at night, and when I have one in my rearview, or coming at me, it FUCKING HURTS! You can have the brightest white ones, and it won't bother me any. I can handle even the high beams coming at me.

4) The one whis drinking coffee, eating a donut, smoking a cigarette, reading a paper, and talking on the cellphone. All at once. Usually while driving his squad car through three stop signs and two read lights.
And when they crash into someone sitting at a light, they write that person a ticket for obstructing traffic and causing an accident!

5) Drunk drivers. These are the guys that should be drawn and quartered using four lengths of chain and four motorcycles. Preferably ones ridden by family members of drunk driving victims.

Speaking of drunk drivers... do you know what the difference between a drunk and stoned driver is? A drunk driver will blow right through the stop sign. The stoned driver will sit there and wait for the stop sign to turn green!

Cheap ass trucking companies and o/o's having recap tires on their rigs. The highways around here have them laying everywhere.
Luckily I wasn't on my bike at the time, a Chevy avalanche in front of me chucked a full length of recap way up in the air. I was left lane with cars to the right. Watched that chunk of rubber come down, must have caught my front bumper just right. Slapped straight down the middle of my hood and busted my windshield. Would have snapped my neck if I was on my bike (although, I would have had more room to avoid it if I had been on 2 wheels.

People that are in such a hurry that they pull out in front of you, half the time not even bothering to stop at their stop sign/red light and while there is no one behind you, and then drive 10 mph under the speed limit

1. Cagers that don't feel they need to dedicate their attention to the task of driving. Their distractions commonly include phones, food or passengers.

2. The "Oops" gestures cagers give me after trying to take my life (generally due to their negligence).

3. A general disregard for the social principle of keeping right and passing left.

Cheap ass trucking companies and o/o's having recap tires on their rigs. The highways around here have them laying everywhere.
Luckily I wasn't on my bike at the time, a Chevy avalanche in front of me chucked a full length of recap way up in the air. I was left lane with cars to the right. Watched that chunk of rubber come down, must have caught my front bumper just right. Slapped straight down the middle of my hood and busted my windshield. Would have snapped my neck if I was on my bike (although, I would have had more room to avoid it if I had been on 2 wheels.

Been a pet peeve of mine forever.

Recaps almost completely went away for several decades in the passenger tire arena.

Yet the trucking industry is still using them heavily. Any one who has ever driven a hot southern or southwestern freeway can tell you there dangerous as fuck.

Had one tonight on my way home from lunch... dumbass pulled out about 400 ft ahead of me and then gradually speeds up... and then they get pissed when you kick it into 3rd and haulass by em while flying the bird... bastards...

Very old people in armoured Buicks. Usually seen peering myopically through the spokes of the steering wheel with a white knuckle death grip while barreling through stop signs.
No shortage of them out here and I'm miles from Florida.

Chris.

Their existence on MY Planet without my permission. And even further, they dare to be stupid. Some even purposely attempt to kill me.

I think they all blow.....there's so many people who should not be driving. People actually believe it is their right and not a privilege to have a license....road respect is long gone. They should all be lit on fire

Back