Camo green over red flames

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1261

Reaction score
I think I had half a chub covering up those flames with camo green paint. They just had to go, reminded me of a cheesy mid 70's muscle car. Not bad for a chilly, windy day. Thats a matte clear coat over it. Belly pan, engine guards, and stock turn signals going on soon. Now I just have to raise that seat up or lower those pegs!

Attachments

• vmax 11-12-4.jpg
    vmax 11-12-4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 100
  • vmax 11-12-3.jpg
    vmax 11-12-3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 91
  • vmax 11-12-1.jpg
    vmax 11-12-1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 81
  • vmax 11-12-5.jpg
    vmax 11-12-5.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 90
I think I would have sold the bodywork and bought some tins that needed attention to paint green. Coulda made money in the process.

yea i'm with the guys here man u coulda made some good cash off of those.

Its a 2006. I never thought of selling the tins. I didnt think there was any market for black with red flames. How much money are we talking about?

Its a 2006. I never thought of selling the tins. I didnt think there was any market for black with red flames. How much money are we talking about?

Your looking at over $800 for the faux tank, alone, at the dealer. I've been seeing them go for around $450 and up on eBay.

i bet a nice set of all stock 2006 tins would go for $600-$800.

Those are some crazy prices. I cant believe someone would pay that much, I see some fake tank covers on Ebay for $75 with no bids.

I have an 06 and plan to eventually paint it but yeah I was going to sell the existing body parts and buy up some cheap-o misc year replacements for bondo and paint.

People really dig the stock tribal flame thing for some reason.

I have an 06 and plan to eventually paint it but yeah I was going to sell the existing body parts and buy up some cheap-o misc year replacements for bondo and paint.

People really dig the stock tribal flame thing for some reason.
I think some are shaving some years off of their bikes when they try to sell it.

Yeah dude.......you ruined a $800 set of the best bodywork Yamaha produced with a $3 rattle can. And de-valued the bike by about half. Oops.

I think I paid Sean $500+exchange for a complete set of 06 bodywork, for my damaged '97 silver ones. Best money I ever spent on the bike. Totally transformed the appearance. Went from a bike only vmax enthusiasts noticed, to a bike people wanted to take pictures of and talk about anywhere it was parked for more than a couple minutes. I was like the goddamn mayor of the local gas station. So yes, there's a market for those parts. If this had been a year ago I would have gladly bought them off you.

Oh well. If flat green is your bag then great, too bad it got put over highly desirable and valuable bodywork rather than a roached out $100 set off ebay.

1/2 the value is kinda harsh don't you think?

I plan to be on the other side of the exchange deal and use the extra bucks to help pay for a paint job that's going to include a belly pan and the hard bags, and maybe some powder coating I don't know I haven't really decided yet.

When I'm done I'll still be out plenty of money for cosmetics. For me it's all about getting the bike how I want it to look as cheap as possible, but I don't expect that to be profitable or even free. If he's happy with the paint he did right by him.

If I ran into a bike from 2006 that had been cheaply repainted, I'd be very skeptical as to why.... was the original paint ruined? Left outside a lot? Been in an accident? I certainly wouldn't pay as much as if it had clean original paint.

Case in point, I paid about 1/2(actually a bit less) of book value for my Z because it had shitty factory paint. It ran and drove like new, just the guy didn't know what wax was and it sat outside all summer. So I don't think it's an overly harsh assessment, at the very least it diminishes the market of buyers.

Back