Campbell X-Pipe exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've been around. I've seen a video of a setup on a CB750 but never on a max. I have also hear that if you don't go with the SS
Version your going to have some rust issues down the road.
I emailed the guy when I was looking for a pipe, but got no reply. Sean was the only one that wanted to sell me a pipe :rofl_200:
They sound pretty decent. But personally I have no knowledge on them. I'd like to hear them on a max as well as seeing some definate numbers.
They're advertising in Mustang and corvette mags, but haven't seen any in motorcycle rags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05-KAaYSGSw

If this is the same pipe made back in the 80's, then it's a piece of crap.

I had one of those and I think it was called an MX3 back then also. I ordered it and it was supposed to be chrome. All chipped up and only single plate on a steel pipe. The tiny mufflers were a joke. No packing in them at all.

I tried to return it and the guy gave me all kinds of crap. He talked my ear off on the phone about how everyone is trying to steal his ideas. And how 'advanced' his pipes are. But could not answer why the factories are not using them.

Just a lot of hot air. The ad on eBay looks so funny. 40% gains, blah, blah, blah. And gas mileage gains. Plus NO rejetting! What a magic pipe!!! Bull!

I tried to turn him into the US Post Office on mail fraud charges. He finally sent my money, less 20% restock fee. What a loser.

Sorry for venting, but that ad just got to me. Almost like reading about Slick 50 and how you can run your engine on no oil. Same crap type of advertising.

Does his pipe sound too good to be true??? That's because it's all false. Plus, look at the pic. Guy can't even update to show a more modern bike. Probably had this crap in his garage since the 80's.

Vinnie

Monty Campbell actually replied to my email, sounds like the system for the Vmax is nothing more than an expensive slip-on system. Said he was going to try to find some pictures, I'll pass those along as well if I get them. I can't imagine a slip-on system, no matter what the configuration, would give the boost in performance that this system has claimed to do.

"The X-PIPEtm for the VMAX uses the OEM head pipes, replacing only the existing muffler system. It is a 4into1into2 layout."

Price is $579.95 in black.

Ya know, I can see how the X-pipe might be an improvement... if the stock exhaust didn't already do the same thang. Crap, I could almost buy a tube bender and welder, and make my own pipes for not much more than what they want for those, and still wind up with a better exhaust system(stepped-tubes, equal length...oh, AND an X-pipe)

Crap, for that much, I'd make pipes all day! Pretty soon I'd have enough to buy a Vmax!!!

Latest posts

Back