Can Anyone Recommend a Decent Bike Cover?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max01red

Reaction score
Bike covers...

Whats up everyone? long time no see...I went through a bunch of crap in my personal life (most notably a divorce I never saw coming), and took a little break from the internet/chat boards for awhile....anyways I'm back and I need to find a good cover for the Max...I will be living in an apartment for most of the summer (hopefully I'll be buying something with a garage by summers end) any way I have a carport I can park my bike under but I want to buy a good cover to throw over her as well....anyone have one they would recommend?

I can not wait for spring so I can get the beast out of storage and RIDE!!!!:rocket bike:

Last edited:
Re: Bike covers...

Good to see ya back! Check out University Motors, competitionaccessories.com (where I got mine..love it!), or denniskirk.com.

Mark

This is probably a dumb question but are they pretty much "one size fits all" or is there a size that fits the Max better then others???

Whats up everyone? long time no see...I went through a bunch of crap in my personal life (most notably a divorce I never saw coming), and took a little break from the internet/chat boards for awhile....anyways I'm back and I need to find a good cover for the Max...I will be living in an apartment for most of the summer (hopefully I'll be buying something with a garage by summers end) any way I have a carport I can park my bike under but I want to buy a good cover to through over her as well....anyone have one they would recommend?

I can not wait for spring so I can get the beast out of storage and RIDE!!!!:rocket bike:

Hey John i was wondering what happened to you:ummm:
Hope everything works out for you...
Not sure about the cover. I have seen them on ebay, but i think those are just a thin piece of cheap plastic. I want to find a good heavyduty cover myself.

I've been buying mine at walmart.$20 and they last a couple seasons.The large size fits my max nice and is a little big but works on the fazer.Extra large is was too big,gold wing or something.

Welcome back! Hope everything works out for you.I've been through it a few times.

Just try to get a cover that doesn't hold in moisture. My advice from me to you is - cover what you can with a very good wax, and you can spray all the wiring with silicone spray.

Remember, allot of times you only get what you pay for but don't get ripped off.

I'm sorry to hear about your personal troubles. I remember seeing and reading the " who are you thread " with your pics you posted.

Take it a day at a time...

My Max will probably be spending some time in the open carport this season. Can anyone recommend a halfway decent cover that I can easily get on and off without scratching up my ride? I took a look on the Bag and there seems to be hundreds of them all looking pretty much the same but selling anywhere from a few bucks to over $50.

Cheers!

I have a large Nelson Rig bike cover. It was free with my points card from the dealer when I bought my Max.
It's good in that it's easy to throw over and get off. And it stay on really well in windy weather.

I second Nelson Rigg. They make good stuff. Get the size just below the "full dresser" size. Don't know what it is called. Will fit with small windshield and bags. Better to be just a little big than too small.

I quit using my cover years ago after I noticed it was causing wear to the paint. Of course we have a lot of wind here which makes the cover move back and forth and the constant rubbing just wore it down. I debated covering the bike first with a blanket then the bike cover but never did try that.

The other thing about covers is it gives mice a nice dry and dark place to hide out in.

Sean Morley

A buddy of mine uses a lawnmower cover he got from Home Depot for about 80 bucks. It's totally waterproof, is vented underneath and has a really strong elastic lower band. It fits his SV very nicely.

You might look into it.

Regards,
Tom

I quit using my cover years ago after I noticed it was causing wear to the paint. Of course we have a lot of wind here which makes the cover move back and forth and the constant rubbing just wore it down. I debated covering the bike first with a blanket then the bike cover but never did try that.

The other thing about covers is it gives mice a nice dry and dark place to hide out in.

Sean Morley

That doesn't work either.

This is an OK cover for trailering but still moves around...:damn angry:

See my SV not the Vmax.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 15
I am currently looking for a 1/2 cover for trips (less bulk) and for at work to keep the sun/ rain/ blowing sand off my soon to be repainted and recovered seat from Sean. My work parking lot has no shade and is in direct line from the wind blowing off of Lake Superior.
We have chipmunks around here that given half a chance they will make a nest or storage area in ANY protected area. I clean out their crap a couple times a year from under the hood of my truck.
???? Chris, what is the 1/2 cover you are using on the SV? ???????

I second the Wal-mart cover, they're lined on the inside so shouldn't scratch anything.

About $20

It's not gonna impress anyone but oh well...
I keep mine bungee corded to the fence at work and it's been there for 3 years and still isn't in too bad of shape.

Rusty

I am currently looking for a 1/2 cover for trips (less bulk) and for at work to keep the sun/ rain/ blowing sand off my soon to be repainted and recovered seat from Sean. My work parking lot has no shade and is in direct line from the wind blowing off of Lake Superior.
We have chipmunks around here that given half a chance they will make a nest or storage area in ANY protected area. I clean out their crap a couple times a year from under the hood of my truck.
???? Chris, what is the 1/2 cover you are using on the SV? ???????

Their made by Geza and they make them for larger bikes. A Medium would be about right I think. I think mine's a small.

Back