Cap and Wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONTREALMAX

Reaction score
does anybody have the NGK part numbers for wires and caps for the VMAX? I want to cross check mine

I am trying to order these from the local auto parts but the pimply faced kid working the counter who just installed a third subwoofer in his DUB Hyundai Accent looks at me with a blank stare

NGK SBO5F and SBO5E plug boots will both work fine.

Any 7mm copper core auto plug wire.

Neil

" pimply faced kid working the counter who just installed a third subwoofer in his DUB Hyundai Accent looks at me with a blank stare"

:rofl_200:Awesome!!

Sad but so damn true! I am lucky I have a smart kid working at my Orielys and let me tell what a help when it comes to finding stuff with no particular application, he actullay broke out a micrometer when I was looking for a thermostat for the Vmax!! Went to the book, looked at the specs on different 190 thermostats and went back into the parts aisle and came back with a thermo! Presto Magic works great!!!

good parts counter guys are few and far between
golden when you get one though.....
the guy I have worked with for years sold his shop and retired....
sold it to some new guys who are nice but clueless... like a politician at the scandal inquest

maxcruiser I was looking at these but could not figure which one fits the Max do you remember the NGK part number? the kids who work at canadian tire in my neck of the woods play hockey without helmets

good parts counter guys are few and far between
golden when you get one though.....
the guy I have worked with for years sold his shop and retired....
sold it to some new guys who are nice but clueless... like a politician at the scandal inquest

maxcruiser I was looking at these but could not figure which one fits the Max do you remember the NGK part number? the kids who work at canadian tire in my neck of the woods play hockey without helmets

I'll check tonight and let you know - I have to stop there anyways.

Mike

Great thanks !!!

My max is in pieces in the garage boo hoo

i was supposed to take it to shannonville for the superbike race this sunday with a group of rider's.........the weather is supposed to be nice this long weekend !!!!

Great thanks !!!

My max is in pieces in the garage boo hoo

i was supposed to take it to shannonville for the superbike race this sunday with a group of rider's.........the weather is supposed to be nice this long weekend !!!!

Checked it out - NGK part# CR1 - stock# 8035 and canadian tire stock# 26-2710-8 - price $21.99 each (not cheap!) - I paid for them with Crappy Tire bucks - cost $0

Hope this helps

Mike

that is great thanks for the info

I purchased the wires, did you trim them down? If you trimmed them how long did you keep them and how did you trim them, wire snips (cutters)?

Maleko89 said he runs his wires at about 10 inches in length

Sorry for all the questions.....I am being very anal about the remainder of these repairs I want this to be the last time I touch the bike for the season

I just want to ride it !!!

and at 21.99 each I do not want to scrap one !!!

that is great thanks for the info

I purchased the wires, did you trim them down? If you trimmed them how long did you keep them and how did you trim them, wire snips (cutters)?

Maleko89 said he runs his wires at about 10 inches in length

Sorry for all the questions.....I am being very anal about the remainder of these repairs I want this to be the last time I touch the bike for the season

I just want to ride it !!!

and at 21.99 each I do not want to scrap one !!!

Front ones about 10 inches and for the back ones, plug it on to the sparkplug (installed on bike and run to the coils (need to remove seat) cut them 1 inch or so longer and your done.

Mike

I always cut plug wires with wire snips i assume you guys are doing the same?
Is there a trick to have better contact at the coil?

THANKS......LOCAL AUTO PARTS COULD NOT GET ME ANY BULK LEAD WIRE SO I WENT WITH THE NGK CAP BOOT PART NUMBER CR1

LOOKS LIKE THE DEALER DID NOT GET THE CARB PARTS IN TIME FOR THE LONG WEEKEND.....:angry flame:

OH WELL WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO GET IT FIXED OVER THESE NEXT FEW DAYS

Red ngk wires on a red max .....looks sweet .....getting closer here

dealer should have all the boots on friday and i am going to button this thing up on sunday and then take it out for a rip !!!

Can't wait.....staring at it in the garage is like having jennifer connolly in my bed naked but with crabs

jennifer-connelly-nude-04.jpg

I wouldn't worry about crabs, it looks like she probably shaves. Besides there is special cream for that.

I owned a 1983 CB1000c before. Great bike, I had the black with silver color. Less power than the Max, but at least I could take it above 130mph w/o releasing my bowels due to fear.

Due to wanting red spark plug wire I ended up buying 25 ft of it online and just getting the NGk boots from a local bike shop. I paid $31.00 for the 25ft of wire and $4.50 each for the boots.

Hello Heretic

I bought the VMAX from an older gentlemen for a song....I could not pass it up....I put the CB1000 Custom up for sale this summer but I did not have any takers. I was not asking a lot of money for it, but since our Provincial Government in their infinite wisdom decided to increase insurance rates on most motorcycles 200% they are a tough sell.

Next year a GSX1000 (considered sport category) owner will pay approx 3000$ for plates and insurance to ride 4 months....ugh

The VMAX is considered a non sport type motorcyle so insurance rates will be lower but still doubling in price to approx $1000/year

All this to say the motorcycle market in Quebec is being killed by Government BS

I may just keep the CB1000 because I love it but the garage is a cramped space right now.......

Latest posts

Back