carb sync question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiefP

Reaction score
So I bought the synchronizer below. I got it hooked up, started the bike...and the needles jump all over the place. Impossible to do anything with this. I did some searching and found a couple old vids of guys using this and having to run the bike at 4k to smooth the guage out enough to us. Is this what I need to do? Doesn't seem right to me. Is the motion pro that much better? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-CARB-SYNC...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5404ec91c0&vxp=mtr

Did it come with restrictors to that install into each vacuum line? also did you tie them all together and balance them off #2 cylinder before you started?

Did it come with restrictors to that install into each vacuum line? also did you tie them all together and balance them off #2 cylinder before you started?

It did come with a bunch of plastic pieces...no instructions. No, didn't know I had to tie they all to #2 cyl?

It did come with a bunch of plastic pieces...no instructions. No, didn't know I had to tie they all to #2 cyl?

Well they do, to sync the synchronizer. After that, you will hook them up to the various ports on the carbs.

Nice Gauges. I think Kyle has that set... I have a Motion Pro, an old Mercury Manometer set and A Carb Tune set. Set all cylinders with 2 lbs of each other and you should be GTG. Others don't agree but I run fans on my radiators and sync at 3,000 RPM. That way if the idle circuit is a little FU, you get past it and just have a bigger cam type idle.:clapping:

I've used a set like that and you have to have the adjustable restrictors inline set close to the gauges (so it's ez to adjust). Once you get the lines hooked up to the carbs you can use the adjusters to settle the gauges so you can get a reading. On mine you almost had to close off the flow to get the gauges to settle properly.
I'm now using a Carbtune which is a little easier to use and seems to be a little more accurate.

I've used a set like that and you have to have the adjustable restrictors inline set close to the gauges (so it's ez to adjust). Once you get the lines hooked up to the carbs you can use the adjusters to settle the gauges so you can get a reading. On mine you almost had to close off the flow to get the gauges to settle properly.
I'm now using a Carbtune which is a little easier to use and seems to be a little more accurate.

Yep, that did the trick, thanks. WOW what a difference. They were pretty close, but the sync between the 2 sides was just a bit off. I had to turn it about a quarter turn and as soon as I did, you could immediately hear a difference. Took her for a ride...what a difference.

Thanks again all!

Back