CBR taillight mod. Smoked or clear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am contemplating the CBR tail light mod on my 85 max. I was wondering who has this mod on their bike and what color did you use the smoked or clear lens and why. Does the color of your bike make the smoked or clear look better on your bike. :ummm: Mine is red (the faster one :biglaugh: LOL). Any pictures would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I used the smoke lense due to my bike being all black. I've always like smoked lenses with any color so IMO the smoked lense with the red paint would look awesome but it is your bike so make sure you choose what you want.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

I just got in the smoked tail light, looks awesome.

Haven't installed it yet though.

I went with smoked, its a personal preference but I think it looks better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got smoked, but I'm gonna have at least two other sets of blinkers running all the time.

Posted with my thumbs.

I used the clear brakes & turn signals

Attachments

• IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 66
Be careful with the smoked....I had one on mine for a year before my wife happened to notice that it couldn't be seen very well during the day. I went with the clear one, and all is good.

When the brake light is engaged I still find the smoked version to be very easy to see during the day. The regular running light is a bit dim during daylight, but otherwise I don't see any issue with it.

When the brake light is engaged I still find the smoked version to be very easy to see during the day. The regular running light is a bit dim during daylight, but otherwise I don't see any issue with it.

That's what I needed to hear. The demo video doesn't make the smoke look too dim.

You could always connect it temporarily to your wiring harness before modifying the fender to confirm it will work for you. It has an auto flash as well, I think 3 blinks, when the brake is first engaged too. Its a hell of a lot brighter than the stock box, that is for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I should add that the smoked one I had was a chinese ebay version and not a motodynamics, the LED's in it might not have been as strong. My clear one is a motodynamics and is super bright day and night. FWIW

Back