Center stand hitting swingarm.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pretty much covers it.

I've seen a few guys mention that the CS is useless if you bike is lowered. I do not agree. My bike is down pretty low and i still use the stand for wrenching and storage. It is MUCH harder to get it on the stand with the bike this low. Proper procedure helps. A 2x4 under the tire makes it easy as can be.

i can get the bike up on the CS (1" front, 1.5" rear), but my poor 30" inseam makes getting it down tougher!

Girlfriend and I just split. That servant girl of yours.. She got a sister??

All those French-Canadian girls come-down to Dania Beach and Hollywood FL for the winter, quand la neige a arrive' :rofl_200:

I wish I had a center stand, unfortunately a PO cut it off for a Kerker at one point. I run a marks 4:2 and would like to add one, I guess I could always get the tab that was cut fabricated and welded back on. However last bike I had with a center stand was a Kawasaki Concours and I could not use it due to being unwieldy for my frame (5'10" 150 lbs at the time).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

i can get the bike up on the CS (1" front, 1.5" rear), but my poor 30" inseam makes getting it down tougher!

Even with my 30" inseam, I could get the bike down two ways; either stand by the left side of the bike, grab both handlebar grips, and with two fingers covering the front brake lever, push the bike forward. The other method I use is that I hop on the bike, with the engine running, clutch engaged, bike trans in first gear, I use my body weight to rock the bike forward and let my weight and momentum move the bike forward....as soon as the centerstand pops up disengage clutch, roll on throttle and ride off!!!

Even with my 30" inseam, I could get the bike down two ways; either stand by the left side of the bike, grab both handlebar grips, and with two fingers covering the front brake lever, push the bike forward. The other method I use is that I hop on the bike, with the engine running, clutch engaged, bike trans in first gear, I use my body weight to rock the bike forward and let my weight and momentum move the bike forward....as soon as the centerstand pops up disengage clutch, roll on throttle and ride off!!!

I tried a modified version one the other night which worked better, 2 would be tougher as mine is only installed for maintenance and therefore has no spring.

-garrett

Latest posts

Back