check to see if theres a jet kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithben1983

Reaction score
I want to check my bike to see if theres a jet kit. but i don't want to have to resync it as I don't have the tools or the know how. I beleive I am running way to rich and was told to check the jets and what not. Is this do able with out having to resync?

The only thing you can check easily without a resync is the slide needles to see if they are adjustable, stock needles are not adjustable.

Remove one scoop and then you can remove one of the carb covers and check it, there will probably be one tamper proof screw on the cover to get out, I used vise grips to get it loose and then replaced it.

okay well I got antsy and pulled it out. I looked at that needle there and I don't see anymore slots on it at least on the end sticking out. I can't see anything down inside the boot cause theres like a flat head screw in the way

when you put the needle back in there is a tit on the bottom that has to slide into a hole in the slide then the washer goes on and then the spring last is the plastic screw

sorry and thanks for your time here. just a little nervious and don't want to F my self here. so your saying I should remove that flathead screw down in there?

okay got it out and back together its stock. so why would my bike be running rich... i get bad gas millage, when I ride with people they say it smells rich I'm don't want to take it to a guy to dino it and have him charge me a shit ton. my moneys tight til 1/28/12(weddings are spendy!)

The stock jet size is 152.5 main jet and you could probably use 147.5 and the floats could be set on the high side . I am assuming that your running stock mufflers

There is atleaste one thread on here showing how to set the float level and jets are cheap but you will need to sync the carbs

Latest posts

Back