clutch help...yes another one

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyman510

Reaction score
About to start getting into my clutch again after 12 months of no riding.
The last issue I had which I could not fix is:
I have done the dd conversion, pumped the fluid in got pressure everything is fine.After 5-10min of riding clutch lever slowly engages later and later until it is just engaging after a small pull of the lever. thats where it stays. Let the bike cool clutch lever returns to normal eg: engages just off the bars, again bike warms and same issue.
I am going to do a full overhaul of slave cyl with a kit hoping this will fix. It has me and my mechanic mate baffled. Any suggestions??

What levers are you running?
Sounds like the problem I just had and I had to free up the "sleeve" in the lever where the pushrod goes...

Take your lever off, grease the barrel for the master plunger pin, grease the plunger pin, reinstall the lever. Try again. If that doesn't work, crack the slave bleeder for second (and close it immediately) with everything assembled, then do the lever remove/reinstall. This quick open/close might let some air in, so I'd do it with a full hose of fluid over the bleeder, but I haven't had any issues since I did this.

OK Thanks, stock levers as far as I know, greasing the lever pin is something I havent tried so I will.
I noticed on a lot of the threads peoples clutch engagement is in the last 10% of lever (which mine was before replacing clutch). After I put all new friction plates and doubled the spring it engages at 10% off the bars which I love but has this issue as above.
Hopefully I`ll sort it out was and for all!!

Back