cold weather tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
Well I'm expectin deal with Sean for all kinds of goodies coming up soon. One of which is switching over to awesome rims and Radials.
I've found in cold Canadian weather, at -5°c, my Bias Ply OEM slide around like a ball on ice at that temperature.
With Radials w/good and larger rims will i feel a difference in
Cold weather riding??

Cheers.

You'll feel a difference period, but I think your sliding could be cured mostly with shinko tourmaster 230s.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

tourmasters are bias ply

i had good luck with the shinko verge, but never to that temp.

i'd almost think any set of tire isn't going to do well in those temps. would it make more sense buy tire warmers and a set of barely DOT sticky race tires? shinko stealth 003's may fit that bill.

what size rims will you have?

tourmasters are bias ply

i had good luck with the shinko verge, but never to that temp.

i'd almost think any set of tire isn't going to do well in those temps. would it make more sense buy tire warmers and a set of barely DOT sticky race tires? shinko stealth 003's may fit that bill.

what size rims will you have?

I'll be going with Carrz 18" in Front and Rear. I found around -5 °c with the wind chill feels like -21, although wind chill has no bearing on machines.
The tire warmers are out and I'm looking to ride in all 4 Canadian seasons except most snow and rain days...

I'll be going with Carrz 18" in Front and Rear. I found around -5 °c with the wind chill feels like -21, although wind chill has no bearing on machines.
The tire warmers are out and I'm looking to ride in all 4 Canadian seasons except most snow and rain days...

The type of tires that you buy shouldn't be your biggest concern, Mr. Katt.
Methinks you should look into purchasing a few of these.:rofl_200:

Attachments

• knitted-willy-warmer.jpg
    knitted-willy-warmer.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
If i was going to ride in that cold of temp i'd want a super sticky, easy to warm up tire.

a barely DOT legal race slick would probably do the trick.

thats a stealth in the shinko world, which i know the most about. i'm sure there are other options.

If i was going to ride in that cold of temp i'd want a super sticky, easy to warm up tire.

a barely DOT legal race slick would probably do the trick.

thats a stealth in the shinko world, which i know the most about. i'm sure there are other options.

Bowing gracefully... Thanks.
A
G
A
I
N
!!!

Back