• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

COPS & new style brackets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlb7569

Reaction score
Hello, I recently just bought these COPS from Jon Harris on here. They're still in the shape(new)that I got them in. There's nothing wrong with them, I've just decided to keep my factory coils/wires. I also have the newest style of brackets to use with these. I paid $132 for the COPS and $60 for the brackets. I would like to get $175 shipped for all of it. You'll be saving atleast $20 over buying these from anybody on here. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks, Jamie.
74c18e03b401f0cfc90fb77b87cd97cb.jpg
244fbcaccfb1c8f9832b96dbe627f253.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sooo, whats the part #[/QUOTE

Gent I can't honestly remember what I put on the packages :rofl_200:. I think it is CB01. I am not at home as of right now to look at it. Nice seeing you, hope Colorado is treating you well :punk:

G]

I need to move these, please make me an offer.

I'm curious what made you decide to keep the coils over COPs?
Hello, because for some reason my vmax ran better with the factory ignition coils. I can't explain why, but I'm going back to my factory coils. Oh, and just because your factory coils have a crack in the case, it doesn't mean that they are bad. I just cleaned them up and brushed epoxy over those areas.
88b9623908a27bc6ad81cb3e209b782a.jpg

I'll give you $40 for the brackets if you csn ship them to Australia
Hello, sorry man, I paid $65 shipped for them and they're still in new condition. I'm not willing to take a $25 loss on them right now.

I'm curious what made you decide to keep the coils over COPs?

A lot of people have the misconception that COPS are a performance increase, and they arent. Now the secondary voltage (thats actually what fires the plugs) of CERTAIN COPS is very close to the stock coils, but only certain years. The highest secondary voltage that Ive seen with COPS is 28000 volts whereas the stock coils are rated at 30000 volts if i remember right.

So, COPS are a good replacement if you have a coil going bad (again certain years) but usually you have corrosion in the stock wires (which you can clip 1/8th off the ends and they are good) or corrosion in the connectors themselves.

As far as cracks go (the inside of the coils are filled with epoxy) the part of the coil that cracks is the plastic covering. (Not saying that you cant have a crack that would go all the way to the inside of the coil, but that would have to be a helluva crack) So, if you have cracks, and want peace of mind, fill the cracks with epoxy or silicone.

Now COPS do make the bike start quicker, because the coil is now sitting directly ontop of the plug.....and if you have a COP go bad, go down to your local Oreillys and pick up another one. You cant do that with the stock coils.

Hello, I have decided to keep them, now that my bike is running better. I don't really understand what was causing it to misfire. I removed everything and reinstalled them, now the misfire is gone and it runs really good! LOL

I had an issue with Mitsubishi COPS when I first converted. They were very tall and I got some arching. After switching to Densoe, no problem. I like them, they eliminate a lot of potential issues we have with our bikes. I stopped carrying a spare after years of reliability.
Steve-o

Now COPS do make the bike start quicker, because the coil is now sitting directly ontop of the plug.....and if you have a COP go bad, go down to your local Oreillys and pick up another one. You cant do that with the stock coils.
Are you talking the "time" it takes a coil pulse to get to the plug is quicker than a coil pulse going a few inches in a stock plug wire? That's no difference in my philosophy. Even saying it travels as slow as the speed of light is debatable in theory.

Back