Court says assault rifle ownership a fundamental right

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw Oh, dont let RD hear this. He will complain that this is all a right wing conspiracy, and that its much safer south of the border.

Too bad they are furthering the idea that simple semi-automatic rifles are the same as "assault weapons". If we only refer to fully automatic machine guns as assault weapons, that would separate the commonly owned military styled semi autos (AR-15) from real assault rifles. (for legislation reasons)
Of course, I believe you should have your choice of any weapons to defend the US Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic.

Good Bill Whittle video about gun rights and automatic weapons at about 4:00 in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwy9OWfnAM

Last edited:
Aw Oh, dont let RD hear this. He will complain that this is all a right wing conspiracy, and that its much safer south of the border.

At least for this thread.

Dave's not here!

I really wish people would quit using the term "assault rifle" when referring to AR15s. Yes they share the same letters but it stands for Armalite Rifle not assault rifle. I love how even some people in my family think I have a cache of fully automatic machine guns and assault rifles simply because they know I own a couple AR15s.

Well at least until that dreaded boating accident that seems to be a common occurrence for Vmax owners.

It's great to see common sense prevail. To ban a firearm because of the way it looks is pure idiocy. The facts are, some ammo available for an AR won't even penetrate a pressure treated 2" by 8" at close range. Many more innocent looking hunting rifles will go far down range after piercing the 2"by 8". The left is capitalizing on the ignorance of voters concerning weapons. Their agenda is clear, and it leads to total gun confiscation. If you think that's a stretch, Ms. Clinton can be quoted saying, if elected president, "we'll take a serious look at a Mandatory buy back program of firearms". They have an agenda to change the Constitution, while most of us just want to maintain what's been in place for well over 200 years. Don't budge an inch people. That inch will turn into a yard,and quick.

At least for this thread.

Dave's not here!

I really wish people would quit using the term "assault rifle" when referring to AR15s. Yes they share the same letters but it stands for Armalite Rifle not assault rifle. I love how even some people in my family think I have a cache of fully automatic machine guns and assault rifles simply because they know I own a couple AR15s.

Well at least until that dreaded boating accident that seems to be a common occurrence for Vmax owners.

Trade them in for a couple of Wetherby 300's. They look much less threatening when viewed by the uneducated.

Make no mistake, this one tiny little decision, by one judge will not deter the Libtards one IOTA. They'll keep hacking away, and some day, will have their case in front of a different judge that will go their way. Once that is done, that judges' decision will seemingly be set in stone, and probably prove to be impossible to overturn.

Kinda like bond issues. The people can keep turning out to vote NO for the issue/increased taxes, and the idiots that want the bond simply come back another day and keep putting it to a vote until they get what they want. Once voted in, that bond issue, and it's ensuing mil levy increase on the taxpayer will never, ever go back away.

I thought he supported assault rifle ownership...........:ummm:

Mmmm, maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to his postings......:confused2:

A win for the good guys but we still have a ways to go before semi-auto long guns are not branded as assault weapons. The militery and feds have the fully automatic "assault weapons", as the military should. They are not the same thing. At any rate this is a proper, correct and fair ruling, and another step in the right direction for USA citizens concerned with preservation of our constitutional freedoms. I hope this sets a positive precedent.

Thank you your honor! :clapping:

Just waiting for November...THEN we shall see...:th_flipthebird: or:double angry bird:

:th_peace:eek:r:shot:

Make no mistake, this one tiny little decision, by one judge will not deter the Libtards one IOTA. They'll keep hacking away, and some day, will have their case in front of a different judge that will go their way. Once that is done, that judges' decision will seemingly be set in stone, and probably prove to be impossible to overturn.

Kinda like bond issues. The people can keep turning out to vote NO for the issue/increased taxes, and the idiots that want the bond simply come back another day and keep putting it to a vote until they get what they want. Once voted in, that bond issue, and it's ensuing mil levy increase on the taxpayer will never, ever go back away.

I have no doubt challenges will continue to surface. But, it's a victory for Americans that care about their basic rights. The case will also set a minor president if only in that state. God bless that judge.

I have no doubt challenges will continue to surface. But, it's a victory for Americans that care about their basic rights. The case will also set a minor president if only in that state. God bless that judge.

Might carry a little more weight than that Steve-o....it was a federal appeals court consisting of a 3-judge panel.

Im still learning about markets and investing but one of the first things my mentor told me is you must be a numbers guy and make investment decisions completely devoid of emotion, opinion and politics, and strictly about trends and numbers. It seems intuitive to me to do just that. I passionately dislike Obama, I will even say hate, but I cant enterpret this as hyprocracy on his part, hes just doing what investors do.

Mark my words, as this moves through the Courts it will be overturned. More laws regulating guns are coming. This appellate court decision flies into the doctrine of State's Rights.

:rofl_200:Too funny. Why don't you come for a visit. Spring break is coming soon. Babes on the Beach! I'll make a video of you walking in cameo's wearing flak jacket, head turning looking for the bad guys. If you are lucky you might even see the man that comes around in the early AM picking up all the dead with his wheelbarrow. lol

Latest posts

Back