Craigs list NY

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a cracked case. Probably tossed a rod. I've seen them blow out that area of the block.

Sean

Garrett just put me on this, I sent him an e mail....the guy is only 20 minutes away....was hoping for a little expansion on the "running awesome and base broke near water pump" statement. Like, did a rod go out from the inside, did a guardrail go in from the outside....little things like that. :confused2:

I'm really not that serious about it but if anyone else is PM me, I'll see if I can help you with it. Kyle??

If it does have a shot pair of cases & fractured connecting rod, (& who-knows what else)IMHO the 'parts bike' value is in the $500 range if the guy isn't going to part it out. Those guys in Massillon OH have been trying to sell their '85 parts on ebay for a l-o-n-g time!

Garrett just put me on this, I sent him an e mail....the guy is only 20 minutes away....was hoping for a little expansion on the "running awesome and base broke near water pump" statement. Like, did a rod go out from the inside, did a guardrail go in from the outside....little things like that. :confused2:

I'm really not that serious about it but if anyone else is PM me, I'll see if I can help you with it. Kyle??
I have wait untill I sell some more stuff & if he blew the motor I personally would not give him that for it for what I am doing. I appreciate the offer though.

Need Pictures for sure. Kinda Cool having somebody right on top of it, location wise.... I don't need another one yet. Still open for a close to home, nice 05 though....:biglaugh:

i emailed danny within about 20m of this going on craigslist. could be a catatsrophic engine failure or he could of cracked the water pump case i feel like. we'll see.

Got an email right out to the guy, no response as of this am.....would have thought he'd be checking regularly, first day of the listing and all...:ummm:

There was a guy with a low mileage '06 for sale over that way last summer...$4000 or something like that....NO TITLE. Suddenly, a week later the same bike is up again, this time with a title....:confused2:

My 'spider senses' are tingling on this already.......:hmmm:

still some money to be made for the right price tho.

he has posted pics now. bike looks rough

Rough!! Holy shit it looks like it's been sitting outside since it was new. Thats one of the worst looking Vmax's I've ever seen. Maybe for parts I'd pay maybe $500 but any part even taken off would have to be refinished. He won't see a grand for it especially with a most likely wasted motor. If it had nice parts maybe but not in that condition. I can't believe somebody would let a Vmax go to shit like that. The dude needs a good flogging.

i sure don't see an obvious crack. body work may be just needed to be cleaned. could be worth some coin.

Kinda looks cracked under the motor mount....has to be something going on there to knock the water pump elbow out. $500 and you might make some quick money, carbs, sissybar, scoops, sidecovers, etc. but much more and it could be touch & go.

I'm not interested but if anybody wants me to take a look, it's only 20 minutes away, I'd be happy to do that. :punk:

So anyone who wanted some pieces could send $100 & speak (1st) for a part. Pay for shipping & the bones of what's left go to dannymax for whatever he wants to do w/it. "Max"imum Asset e'X'propriation, or "M-A-X":
'max'

Kinda looks cracked under the motor mount....has to be something going on there to knock the water pump elbow out. $500 and you might make some quick money, carbs, sissybar, scoops, sidecovers, etc. but much more and it could be touch & go.

I'm not interested but if anybody wants me to take a look, it's only 20 minutes away, I'd be happy to do that. :punk:
u get ahold of him?

So anyone who wanted some pieces could send $100 & speak (1st) for a part. Pay for shipping & the bones of what's left go to dannymax for whatever he wants to do w/it. "Max"imum Asset e'X'propriation, or "M-A-X":
'max'

All I want are the carbs, although I don't believe for a second they are 'just rebuilt'! Nothing else on the bike is.

If there is interest in cannabilizing this old relic let me know....I'll buy it, tear it apart and ship the parts out, just let me know what you would pay for something......if it all adds up to enough to cover the purchase I'll see if I can buy it.

Edit: Just sent the guy another email, we'll see.....:confused2:

All I want are the carbs, although I don't believe for a second they are 'just rebuilt'! Nothing else on the bike is.

If there is interest in cannabilizing this old relic let me know....I'll buy it, tear it apart and ship the parts out, just let me know what you would pay for something......if it all adds up to enough to cover the purchase I'll see if I can buy it.

Edit: Just sent the guy another email, we'll see.....:confused2:

Depending on price, I'd be interested in the windscreen and scoops..... but can't commit to anything just yet.

Back