Craigslist Account suspended !‏

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaximum

Reaction score
be careful, i got an email that said Craigslist Account suspended !‏ and i think it is a virus!! i didnt open it but i went to craigslist and my account was not suspended.

Good call, it more than likely was a phishing scam going around. Not so much a virus, but it redirects you to a craigslist look-a-like site and asks you to re-enter your password and username which is then sent to the perpetrator.

I'm not quite sure why anybody wants to hack an account that has no connections to your money or personal info, espically when the accounts are free for everybody. Still, better to avoid.

Re: Craigslist Account suspended !‏

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Also watch out for Facebook scams. I just got an email supposedly from Facebook with a link to view a Facebook post from my cousin. Had her picture and looked legit. When I clicked, my computer went nuts with a bunch of virus downloads. Thank goodness I have a good anti-virus/firewall setup. It seems the virus a-holes are invading every popular internet site.

I received an email from paypal sayinjg I had paid euro paypal a certain amount of money and if I had concerns about it to follow the link to a paypal look a like site which wanted my details and password after being sus I sent the email to Ebay to sort it out.and then I had a friend go through my computer and she removed 122 viruses and what not to get it all cleaned up.Cheers Kevman.

I received an email from paypal sayinjg I had paid euro paypal a certain amount of money and if I had concerns about it to follow the link to a paypal look a like site which wanted my details and password after being sus I sent the email to Ebay to sort it out.and then I had a friend go through my computer and she removed 122 viruses and what not to get it all cleaned up.Cheers Kevman.

Stay away from the naughty sites LOL get Norton 360 it keeps your computer all tuned up and is a good anti virus program

G

or, if you have a machine that is primarily used for web surfing, look into installing Ubuntu as an operating system. It's free, has very good office style software that's compatible with MS, and is largely unaffected by malware/viruses.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Ya, Linux is great for netbooks or machines that are almost exclusively used for web surfing.

I'm not a big fan of Norton products. They're too "consumer grade"....the program treats you like a complete idiot, uses tons of computer resources, and it used to crash the computer if it "popped up" while I was using any full-screen program. Plus, they score only average for virus detection.

AVG is free, stays out of your way unless there's an immediate problem, and uses only about 1MB of memory running in the background(norton used to take 70-80mb of memory).

Back