Craigslist deal gone...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Good..... My house got struck by lightning during the summer. wrecked a bunch of electrical stuff. the power surge blew the HDMI panel in my tv. (46" sony bravia). Other than no HD, the TV still worked perfectly. Since then I've been watching craiglist for a different one to get the HD back. No big deal. Just looking. A post comes on today for a 55" sony bravia, reduced price $400. He was asking $500. Almost to good to be true. He gave the model no, so I researched it. Had really good reviews. New it was around $1600. Long story short. I e-mailed the guy at 11:15 am and was watching my new TV by 3:00 pm. TV was perfect, just as he said. The guy said he worked on oil rigs 6 months a year, hardly used the TV, needed the cash. Looks like I get to watch the superbowl in style:punk: It's encouraging that they're not all scams.

This is just a stock photo, but this is it.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL-55EX500-Series-55-Inch/dp/B0035ER1IW

Lucky you! Now you just need a big bowl of chips and some beer to go with it and you will be set.

That's sweet, good for you! My brother is always finding good stuff (mostly cars and bikes) on Craigslist. You have to scour it all the time though to get the good deals. He often goes to look at something the same day it's posted.

Whole house surge protectors can help save a lot of equipment. However when a direct strike to the home occurs, all bets are off. You can follow all best practices but its a crapshoot wether or not your electronics will survive.

Nice deal on the tube. Enjoy the game.

Kept thinking this story would have a disastrous ending but it didn't....good deal! :thumbs up:

What time is the pre-game party? :punk:

Show up any time Danny. If you ride your Vmax You'll already have snowcones :snow::eusa_dance:

Back