crankcase vent hose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbutera2112

Reaction score
omg ive been trying to attach this hose for like 2 hours and i just cant get it......is there a trick to this? now ive managed to get it disconnected from the air box AND the crank case and cant get it back on....tried airbox first and crankcase first etc etc etc....i need this damn bike fixed by tomorrow and its pissing me off.....

how the hell is this supposed to be done?????

I found it tough to get it onto the nipple on the crankcase with the carbs in place. You may want to warm up th hose to make it more pliable.

To get it back on the airbox I removed the coolant reservoir and was able to position the hose and it popped right into place when I pushed down on the airbox. I changed the clamp to a regular worm drive hose clamp and used a really thin, long screwdriver to tighten it up.

Put in on the crankcase first. Then take out the reserve coolant container and let it sit to the side.Stick your hand in the space you just created and hold the hose with your hand or clamp. Guide airbox down on to hose. I don't think you really need to clamp it to the airbox as long as it fits snug

get some hemostats and pinch the hose a little bit higher than where the crank case nipple will sit on the hose and it will make it easier to slide on too.

I got tired of that damn thing after a few air box take offs and stuck a breather filter on it. looks tough stickin out the side of the bike and lets more condensation out of the motor if youre running a clear clutch cover AND I dont have to fish it back on to boot!

I did that before but oil residue/crap comes out the filter at higher RPM so I placed the hose back and use a catch can.

Latest posts

Back