Crazy backrest price

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a problem paying that much for a back rest....maybe I'm weird like that...

But its free shipping!!! Lmao

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but its all NOS. Thats big dollars to alot of people. Where are you going to find an NOS complete setup?

I ve dealt with NOS parts for almost 25 years and they ALWAYS bring the premium price.

I Have a feeling the one guy is just bumping up the bids to get a higher price. If you look at his history, this is the only thing he's bid on.

Current bid 850 with 15mns to go - shipping to me down under is another 74 bucks.

Yea, CRAZY! No idea who would pay that much..

Last year someone was on the forum and ebay selling a whole batch of NOS backrests for half that price or less.

If Jon can get $850 for it, more power to him.

It did go for 850 to the bid pusher.. Now was that a real buyer or a 'mate' pushing up the price? We'll see if it gets relisted lol

Buyer has feedback of 1. I'd bet it goes up for sale again as the "buyer" will most likely will never pay for it.

Back when I was selling a lot of stuff on ebay I set it so no bids were accepted with anyone having a feedback of less then 3

Thanks Eric, I'm willing to go a little more, but not much. Threw my hat in the ring. What do these average?
Steve

I think 2 to 300 is average. Don't forget to get the little bracket that goes along with this. It should be a small black bracket like 1 inch by 2 inches.

Just another one of his advertising techniques. Get a stupid high price on something and get people talking. Remember the motorcycles he was selling a while back, on eBay? There was another guy, selling car parts, a while back that used to do that too. List something and then had friends or a phantom bidder up the price. Then he used that auction to say "this is what they're going for" creating a false market to get a little more $, ebay ended up catching on and banned him. I got in early on a stock 4bbl for my '55 t-bird. I was the only bidder at a $300 cap. Then a few days before the auction ended two bidders took it over the $1800 mark.

Back