Cycle One Off 17" Wheel Photos

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Hey Gang...

Just posting a few pictures of my Cycle One Off 17x5.5 that came yesterday.

Basically Tom takes a NOS 1989 FZR 1000W wheel, machines the center, then machines the hub out of a Vmax wheel, finally he neatly welds it back into the FZR wheel. The rear brake carrier also had to be machined down to line up with the Vmax rotor (bolts right on).

I had Tom send the wheel unfinished without the cush installed, so, I can powder coat it and bake it to match the Hayabusa wheel on the USD I'm about to install. He normally polishes the lip and paint the centers black.

Check out the weld...like little stacks of dimes all in a row. Quality is definitely worth the wait, and Tom is a cool guy to deal with.

:cheers:
Neil

Attachments

• coo_wheel.jpg
    coo_wheel.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 83
  • coo_wheel_welds.jpg
    coo_wheel_welds.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 109
How much did that bad boy run ya?

Tom gave me a better deal than he advertises on his website, since I had it shipped raw unfinished and I'm a repeating customer. I have to install the cush drive and powder coat it myself. We're working on a deal with my fork extensions, so that could bring the final price down a little as trade off for my refinishing the wheel.

Wheel, cush drive, bearings, spacers, machined brake carrier = $850 Shipped Without having to send in my old cores.

He knows what he is doing, and these wheels don't have the 20mm+ offset to the right that some wheels found on evilbay do :whistlin:

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/V-max-wheels.html

Neil

Tom gave me a better deal than he advertises on his website, since I had it shipped raw unfinished and I'm a repeating customer. I have to install the cush drive and powder coat it myself. We're working on a deal with my fork extensions, so that could bring the final price down a little as trade off for my refinishing the wheel.

Wheel, cush drive, bearings, spacers, machined brake carrier = $850 Shipped Without having to send in my old cores.

He knows what he is doing, and these wheels don't have the 20mm+ offset to the right that some wheels found on evilbay do :whistlin:

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/V-max-wheels.html

Neil

His 17" front wheel matches my 17" rear wheel and it is a pretty good price. I'll have to shoot him an email.

Attachments

• MVC-015ttS.JPG
    MVC-015ttS.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 66
Finally have the bad boy mounted on Max. Just powder coated the rotor and brake carrier, and will install those tomorrow. Hopefully with the use of my palm ratchet (this time) I will avoid snapping bolts and requiring surgery on my hand during the final assembly :stickyman:. Went with black since my front Hayabusa wheel is glossy black also.

17x5.5 FZR 1000 Wheel
200/50ZR/17 Tire

You can tell the difference in the FZR vs. GSXR wheels by noticing if the spokes are straight or angled. FZR wheels are angled, and GSXR wheels are straight spokes.

Still have a good bit of tire room left with the double notching job Tom did on the braced swing arm, and the wheel looks dead on balls centered in the bike.

Doing the USD this week and exhaust...slowly but surely :banana:

Thanks again Tom Colby from Cycle One Off :punk:
http://www.cycleoneoff.com

Neil

Attachments

• 111807_coo_wheel_side.jpg
    111807_coo_wheel_side.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 68
  • 111807_coo_top_down.jpg
    111807_coo_top_down.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 111807_coo_wheel_back.jpg
    111807_coo_wheel_back.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 65
Big Cats Like Big Tires On Vmaxes!!!

Evidently so....

Kira refuses to leave her stunt riding position since dad installed the new wheel and tire hours ago.

Actually, the Lithium grease I used for the install is driving her crazy.

Survival tip #1:

If you're every bothered by a Lion, Tiger, Grizzly Bear, Mt. Lion, or other large predator, offer a jar of Noxzema for them to sniff! Sounds crazy, but, it drives them mad with the desire to mark and scent over it. Always carry Noxzema when in the woods, the Asian jungle, or when on the African Savannah!

Don't ask me how I know :biglaugh:

Neil

Attachments

• big_tire_kira.jpg
    big_tire_kira.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 49
Neil,How are you recovering from the accident?

Shawn...

Thanks for asking :punk:

Actually have to go to the surgeon at 1:30 today for another evaluation :damn angry:. Looks like my body might be rejecting the hardware and setting up a solid absess over the plate.

Everything was looking great until the middle of last week, and then it started getting a knot on it and turning bright purple.

I'll keep you posted.

Neil

Shawn...

Thanks for asking :punk:

Actually have to go to the surgeon at 1:30 today for another evaluation :damn angry:. Looks like my body might be rejecting the hardware and setting up a solid absess over the plate.

Everything was looking great until the middle of last week, and then it started getting a knot on it and turning bright purple.

I'll keep you posted.

Neil

Is there a thread explaining what you did? Sounds BAD! :stickyman:

Is there a thread explaining what you did? Sounds BAD! :stickyman:

Chris...

Here is the original thread about my injury http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2137

Just got back from the OS and found out the plate has broken and my hand is healing wrong:bang head:. Could be a manufacturers defect in the titanium, who knows??? Everything was looking great 2 weeks ago, and I have done nothing with my hand other than PT to stress it. It just started hurting and looking wierd the middle of last week.

:stickyman:

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the input I am glad you like it. Call me when you do the front end.

Tom @ Cycle One-off

Doing the USD this week and exhaust...slowly but surely :banana:

Thanks again Tom Colby from Cycle One Off :punk:
http://www.cycleoneoff.com

Neil[/quote]

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the input I am glad you like it. Call me when you do the front end.

Tom @ Cycle One-off

Hey Tom....

Glad you finally made it onboard to start posting. Wheel looks great installed with the 200 tire, and I got the fork extensions Tuesday (nice job).

I'll be out of town until Sunday afternoon and should get started this coming week. Already have the old front off, and ready to start the install.

BTW: I want to see the full size version of your Avatar...holy watermelons Batman!

Neil

Last edited:
Hi Neil,

I will send a full size version of that Avatar so you can use it for your background. I wish I could read more of the posts on the forums but I just don't have a lot of free time. Any way give me a call when you get a chance 1(866) 238-5450.

Tom @ cycleoneoff.com

Hi Neil,

I will send a full size version of that Avatar so you can use it for your background. I wish I could read more of the posts on the forums but I just don't have a lot of free time. Any way give me a call when you get a chance 1(866) 238-5450.

Tom @ cycleoneoff.com

:clapping:

a53b83f83922e1bb5f6f015072948f7cb4f040c0

Back