Dead Man Displayed on Motorcycle Rather than in Casket for Wake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Yesterday and today, callers who stopped to pay their final respects to the late Mr. Col?n got a bit of a surprise. Instead of the traditional presentation of the body in a casket, Mr. Col?n?s corpse, dressed in casual duds and sunglasses, was instead posed in a very lifelike position atop his Repsol-liveried Honda CBR600 F4. According to Puerto Rico?s Primera Hora newspaper, the motorcycle was given to the victim by his uncle, and upon Mr. Col?n?s untimely demise, family members delivered the bike to the funeral home specifically for this unusual wake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbpy0DWp1Co

It sure is different!! Wonder if they're gonna bury the bike with him? Prolly not as it most likely wouldn't conform to cemetery regs.

Doesn't he know that he could be killed riding that bike without a helmet?

Oh, wait a minute. Never mind, sorry.

Gets me thinkin how I want to be seen after death. Nah.. Cardboard box straight to the bon fire for me. Im ugly.

That is very strange,I hope that when i pass away i have more of rememberance of just a passion of motorcyles.I hope to leave a legacy behind that is more base on God- family and bikes a last thought.

meh. What the hell.
I'm going to fall in a combine or have a tragic beer bottle avalanche with the outcome of a closed casket.
More power to the cat for having his friends think of his wishes and him having a nice ride to the afterlife.

(I hope they don't bury the CBR600 F4 though)

how about set me up giving the GOAT!!! then i can get everyone that comes to see me! lmao

Wanna go out in a blaze of glory LOL. What happens to my body once I am done with it I really don't care. Albeit it is kind of weird being displayed on a bike at your wake:ummm:

I thought it was differant that is for sure. But we are so used to the so called "normal" veiwing. On the otherhand I like the concept, it lets the people that new him best remember him of what he like to do best. I think at first I would walk in, in shock but then smile shortly afterwards remembering what he liked.. Now the video was a little weird, showing the funeral homes sign and number outside. I think it was more of an advertisement video.

:clapping::punk:
Did he die on his bike? Huh.
I thought about doing some wierd kinda shit with my Dad when he passed on his bike. I tried to get the funeral director to give me his skull before they pulverize the bones after the burning in a cremation. Being a friend of my Moms meant that he was a tight ass by the book guy who woundnt take 5K for the skull. Fuckin prick.

I did have some head stones made for Pops. One for the crash site and another for the family section in the cemetery in East Texas. The one for cemetery has a Gen 1 Vmax on it in the corner, and "Dont Let Up" as his quote. And the other is at the crash site on Old Hwy 94.
This pic is down the hill where he landed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 15
mc-man, I'm thinking of an eternal Denny's booth for ya, once you pass around that long sweeper in the sky. What do you think? :biglaugh:

Think I'll go for what my Dad used to say:

"Just stick a bone up my ass and let the dogs carry me away." :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back