Deal....or no deal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6spdbbody

Reaction score
Start off this is my first post, gotta say, great site, although we gotta get more members, it's not as active as some of the other forums i'm a member of. Anyhow, on to the questions.
I just picked up (like literally 10 minutes ago) a 1999 carbon fiber Vmax, 8111 miles, no signs of ever being dropped or layed down, only performance mod is a kerker 4 2 1 exhaust system and apparently was tuned by the same place it was dynoed (121/81). Also has crash bars, small carbon fiber windshield, relocated the tag below the left fender, and a switch to turn on the fan manually (maybe the factory one broke or something, don't know). But anyhow, i was able to get it for $4500. I'm a person that really only buys stuff if i think it's a good deal, did i do good?

Start off this is my first post, gotta say, great site, although we gotta get more members, it's not as active as some of the other forums i'm a member of. Anyhow, on to the questions.
I just picked up (like literally 10 minutes ago) a 1999 carbon fiber Vmax, 8111 miles, no signs of ever being dropped or layed down, only performance mod is a kerker 4 2 1 exhaust system and apparently was tuned by the same place it was dynoed (121/81). Also has crash bars, small carbon fiber windshield, relocated the tag below the left fender, and a switch to turn on the fan manually (maybe the factory one broke or something, don't know). But anyhow, i was able to get it for $4500. I'm a person that really only buys stuff if i think it's a good deal, did i do good?

Sounds that way...

The C/F version was made quite a few years so they seem to go for less $$$

N-Joy!

Aw, come on! 1999 wasn't that long ago.

Yea you did just fine.
If it runs good, it runs good.

I got my 1999 for $5,000 with 13,000 on her. I haven't ever Dynoed it but I doubt I'm gettin 121/81.

The fan switch is a common modification, prepare to go broke with the infinite modification possibilities.

I've did modifications to everything i've ever owned, i like to think that this one will be different and i'll just do LITTLE stuff to it, but that probably won't happen.

Latest posts

Back