decent touring tool..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats 19mm on yours? my oil filter (K&N), oil drain bolt, rear diff drain, rear diff fill bolt and coolant drain bolt are all 17mm...

hmmm I thought all the oil ones were 19mm, maybe I'm confusing it with the car :ummm:

maybe yours were specially machined out of the front wheel spacers?:ummm::rofl_200:

Im using this tool while travelnig. I have the closed end, double side type and good quality, this pic is just for reference, couldnt find better.

product.jpg

Works wonderful.
I have one with 10-19 at the one side and 22-28 at the second side.

very nice. i gotta say my 27mm gear wrench for a box end and open end on the other side for $10 from HF has gotten so much use.

I can highly recomend that type of wrench. Its small, cheapo and works great.
The best thing is the size, as we all know v-max is no the touring bike with the large storage, honestly v-max dont have any storage room.
After my rear end mod i finaly have some space, I can put many tools there.

The problem with that tool is I dunno where this one can be bought.
My fahter inherite one to me, he was profesional cycler when he was young.
I think that tool is about 40 years old and still works great.
Kind of memento for me.

Has anybody bought a spanner wrench just for the rear shocks ? I'm sure a universal will work, but I'd like a small one just to keep on the bike...

wouldnt' be a vmax gathering w/out my portable syncher...

Has anybody bought a spanner wrench just for the rear shocks ? I'm sure a universal will work, but I'd like a small one just to keep on the bike...

I have a few of them from the old bike's tool kit. Is it just me or is it they don't stock the bike tool kit as well as they used to.

are you going to be @ BR10?
im sitting in the vancouver airport waiting for my flight to montreal. get in at midnight, to bed then up in the am, put the carb rack back together turn some screws, add oil and hopefully runs good enough to drive her down.

so the plan is YES i'm on my way, only 7000miles away by road, ill be there :punk:

praying to the vmax gods V2 runs like a top on the way down with decent fuel mileage.

are you going to be @ BR10?
im sitting in the vancouver airport waiting for my flight to montreal. get in at midnight, to bed then up in the am, put the carb rack back together turn some screws, add oil and hopefully runs good enough to drive her down.

so the plan is YES i'm on my way, only 7000miles away by road, ill be there :punk:

praying to the vmax gods V2 runs like a top on the way down with decent fuel mileage.

Haha ur nuts ro!

Back