Difference between carb kits?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbostang

Reaction score
I have to order a carb kit for my 88 and was wondering which kit to buy, the DJ stage 1 kit, or the factory pro standard drop in kit?
Anyone have any experience with either of these?
They both appear to be the same price, but I cannot determine what parts come in them.

Thanks.

If you are needing some repair work the jet kits won't give you anything useful. All they are for is for upping power (so they say) with carbs already in good useable condition.

Most of the time you won't need a jet kit anyway just simple jetting changes will help out for better power and even economy. There are a couple of kits that do help with power (my kit and a few others) but work best with an aftermarket exhaust (usually full headers).

Sean Morley

If you are needing some repair work the jet kits won't give you anything useful. All they are for is for upping power (so they say) with carbs already in good useable condition.

Most of the time you won't need a jet kit anyway just simple jetting changes will help out for better power and even economy. There are a couple of kits that do help with power (my kit and a few others) but work best with an aftermarket exhaust (usually full headers).

Sean Morley

How does your kit work with stock exhaust(for now)
My carbs need an overhaul, and I am looking for a 'complete overhaul kit'

Back