differences in perception

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
500x240

Pretty-clever, a trompe d'oeil where you are fooled as to what you see.

Johnpclynch:
I did a gag shot like that for one of my friends probably 30 years-ago, his dad was a Indy-car team owner, and they raced sprint cars and midgets, too. The pic was of him in an open-wheeled car with his hands, palms upraised, as-if saying, "hey s___ happens!" and then him standing next to the car gesturing with an upraised fist at the driver-himself! I tried it double-exposure and then two separate shots, merged in the darkroom, and the latter turned-out better. I made it into a poster for him, mounted it to backerboard, and gave it to him. His dad was sponsoring race cars at Indy when AJ Foyt was sitting in the stands as a spectator, before he began racing. His dad and he could spin some great stories of life on the Indy car circuit in the '50's-'70's. Sadly, both are now deceased.

Johnpclynch:
I did a gag shot like that for one of my friends probably 30 years-ago, his dad was a Indy-car team owner, and they raced sprint cars and midgets, too. The pic was of him in an open-wheeled car with his hands, palms upraised, as-if saying, "hey s___ happens!" and then him standing next to the car gesturing with an upraised fist at the driver-himself! I tried it double-exposure and then two separate shots, merged in the darkroom, and the latter turned-out better. I made it into a poster for him, mounted it to backerboard, and gave it to him. His dad was sponsoring race cars at Indy when AJ Foyt was sitting in the stands as a spectator, before he began racing. His dad and he could spin some great stories of life on the Indy car circuit in the '50's-'70's. Sadly, both are now deceased.

I remember darkrooms, then someone invented photoshop
it's amazing how much can change in 20-30 years - and yet, the Vmax is still the same :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back