different exhaust sounds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, thats what i said. Dont get why people do that, whats the point? I asked dude to make another video. Hopefully he does as im interested in those quadzillas myself.

There is a simple yet very good reason its only at idle. its so damn loud it rattles the neighbors windows so i try to not rev the bike much out of respect to them.(i guess respect is somethign not many people think about nowadays) ill get you all a video in time ( im really swamped with work and building the 4x4) just be patient and pm me ideas of what you want. just a cruise by? ive actually only used a video camera a couple times so i could use some ideas.... just pm me to keep the thread litter free.

the point of the video was to show people what they sounded like. a clip of at idle is better than no clip at all and there were several pms asking how it sounded in the past

Can somebody out there who has some Holeshot 4-2 pipes please post a decent sound clip of there bike? I searched you tube and can only find one and the recording is shit. I really like the looks of the Holeshot but the kerker sound just may not be able to be beat.

Its really hard to get an accurate sound when the bike is in the garage?

it all sounded pretty much the same outside, cept the supertrapps. With the garage door open you could tell a little of the different sounds. With the door shut, the auto leveler in the camera kicked in and kept shutting down the bloody mic. :confused2:

A lil secret that I will let you in on KJ only you though so dont tell ok?

Use a piece of foam or dense cotton material over the mic to cut down on wind noise and excess noise adjust the thickness of the foam to the sound that is most accurate..

A lil secret that I will let you in on KJ only you though so dont tell ok?

Use a piece of foam or dense cotton material over the mic to cut down on wind noise and excess noise adjust the thickness of the foam to the sound that is most accurate..

I already tried that. Its an older DSLR camera, made to take stills not so much video. I have a little cannon powershot 10mp that takes decent video. When it finishes charging I could take new video.

Otherwise I'd have a foot thick piece of foam over the thing. I do have a sweet EV mic in my gig bag, that I can hook up to the digital recorder and get audio that way, but thats just overkill and I really don't care all that much at the moment. I've lost 15 lbs, still running between 102-103 deg temps, when I cough I feel like I've been shot in the head, and feel like I've been hit by a Peterbuilt.

I'm done messing with this thing for a while.

I wonder if I squirted some seafoam on the mic that would help.

I would love to hear these on a slow take off, brisk acceleration, and then a fly by at 50 60 mph.
What was the total cost on the system?
The look sweet. :punk:

Awesome sounding bikes, y'all! Just me, but I'm partial to Mark's pipes so far.

Do my ears deceive me, or do almost all these kits make a V8-ish sound??? I've vever heard anything but stock exhaust in real life.

Back