DIY:Drag bars just dont cut it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
I hated my stock bars,made me look like a stiff while riding.Too upright for me.
.stock bars-sit way too strait up like a scooter rider
.drag bars-smacked my tank and scoop sides
.clip ons-cost more money and I didnt want to lower the front of me bike to make space to use them.

My solution...I made my own! I cut and welded some to fit my measurements.They are basically like the stock bars flipped upside down but BELEIVE ME flipping your stock one WILL NOT WORK!

I get ALOT of forward lean out of these and the WHOLE bike feels more responsive leaned into it like this.

I decided to see how they did on long rides so I took it around the block and was pleased...so I took it for a 2 hour ride through the city(stop and go),into the desert(wide open in a full tuck),down the highway at rush hour(30 minutes of lane sharing and dodging rear view mirrors) and back again.No complaints.

Almost no ache(such as wrists or palms) that you would get with some other solutions. They might work for some of us that want MORE lean than drag bars but dont want clip-ons.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 214
Dude, I put some drag bars on mine...I know what you mean. I found riser extenders on eBay that are machined for the Mighty Max. They give the bars an 1 1/4 rise up and rearward which solved the problem. It only cost about $50 bucks.

Back