Do 1985 carbs fit 97 Vmax 1200?..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCRED

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone...Im new to your crew..thank you for having me....I'm currently serving overseas in the Marine Corps.... I've been in contact with Sean and really hope to be working with him on few projects I have planned...I'm lucky to possess a neglected decent looking 1997 Vmax 1200 with 20k on it.. been wanting one since it came out... Yep shows my age... So my question is do carbs off of a 1985 Vmax fit a 1997?...

They will fit they are the exact identical carburetors. You didn't ask but I'm gonna give you a little advice If you have a stock motor the stock 152 main jets, 137.5 on the pilots, the stock emulsifier tube and the stock air box untouched will run the best. If you do decide to try a jet kit save all your stock parts because you will be putting them back on. In almost 40 years I've never seen a V-max that ran better with the stage 7 or any jet kit. Its a pleasure to meet you if you want any kind of advice or trouble shooting anyone here is welcome to give me a call at 203-574-7859

Pretty-sure the VBoost manifold is smaller on the 1985, and larger on the later bikes, when the 1985 exhausts were changed because they were non-EPA compliant. While the exhaust became more-restrictive, they compensated by enlarging the VBoost I.D.

Greetings to everyone...Im new to your crew..thank you for having me....I'm currently serving overseas in the Marine Corps.... I've been in contact with Sean and really hope to be working with him on few projects I have planned...I'm lucky to possess a neglected decent looking 1997 Vmax 1200 with 20k on it.. been wanting one since it came out... Yep shows my age... So my question is do carbs off of a 1985 Vmax fit a 1997?...
Thank you for the input...I appreciate it.... I'm sending my set to Sean and his team and call it.....

Thank you for your service, welcome to the forum. When it comes time to reinstall the carbs be sure to check for air leaks at the boots and every other joint.

Pretty-sure the VBoost manifold is smaller on the 1985, and larger on the later bikes, when the 1985 exhausts were changed because they were non-EPA compliant. While the exhaust became more-restrictive, they compensated by enlarging the VBoost I.D.
1985 vboost was 30mm-1996-2007 32mm to compensate for the exhaust change.

Back