Do i give up on dave at mach 1 transport?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulibiker

Reaction score
Checked with Dave about 6 weeks ago on shipping a bike from Fort Smith, AR to Ankeny, Ia.

Bought the bike and send email to Dave on April 29th with info.
On May 3rd Dave emailed "I'll get this done within the week".
On May 13th Dave emailed "Ill pickup probably friday and deliver Saturday! Ill stay in touch. Dave".
On May 18th Dave emailed "I'm having another driver grab the bike. It was 5 hours off my route. For some reason I thought it was in Ok city. Ill have it picked up this week. Dave".
On May 25th Dave emailed "Where the bike is located is very tough to get to Ankeny. Its all 2 lane roads from there to KC. I should have someone by mid this week. Dave".

That's the last I've heard from him. I sent him a text on Tuesday June 4th, an email yesterday June 5th, & left him a message today June 6th.

Anybody heading to Iowa coming through/from Arkansas what to make $350?

Are you going to Thunder in the Valley, by any chance?

Too bad. It was a thought. Ft Smith would only be a 250 mile turnaround for me to go down and get it, and if you had been planning Thunder this year, .....we could have connected there - in just two weeks.

DO NOT USE MACH 1 TO SHIP A MOTORCYCLE!!!!

You have been warned.........

That last email from him:
"Driver just called. He will be picking up Tuesday now. FOR SURE!! no worries"

It's now Thursday and still have not picked it up.

I wish he would have just told me that, instead of jacking me around for 6 weeks.:damn angry:

Think after the first excuse I would have got someone else. I however do not have much on patients or excuses.

I have used Mach-1 3 times now.

First time, Kyle organized it and it was ok although it did take a while until they turned up to pick up.

Second time (late last year), I organized it myself but paid through Kyle. Again it was slower than expected to have the bike picked up, but it got there no problem.

Third time was just last month. I organized with Dave @ Mach-1 to pick up 3 bikes from Lexington, KY to go to LA, and agreed on price and mode of transport (enclosed trailer). Again they were late picking up, and unless I kept emailing Dave I wasn't getting any updates.
Finally when they were again late, Dave said his driver 'had a problem with his turbo on his truck'.
Then they turn up with AN OPEN TRAILER (!!), and unfortunately because of my time difference my seller could not contact me and let them take the bikes. :bang head:
I was MAJORLY pissed. The three bikes that had been fully restored and pristinely cleaned were now on an open trailer half way across the country.

Then since the bikes got delivered I have been trying to get the inspection reports they had my seller sign on pickup for my records. First Dave said 'I'd get them when the driver got back', since then I've emailed him twice - no answer.

Result - I agree with you 100%:

DO NOT USE DAVE @ MACH-1 ANY MORE - THEY SUCK AND DO NOT CARE. :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

Back