Dont buy from this guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
I purchased these mirrors on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250549388078 and I got screwed!
14 days after purchase I contacted seller and he said they were shipped 10 days ago and I should of had them already, so he said that he will ship another set. Well with my job I was away from home for 5 weeks and unable to check my PO Box. When I got home, NO mirrors. Now it is past 45 days since purchase and I can't file a claim.
So hopefully this will help others before they buy from this guy and get screwed.

Take a look at this guy's feedback!! He's got more negative than positive....won't be around e bay much longer I bet!

Too bad you got tangled up with this clown, Kevin...definitely someone to steer clear of!!!

I must not understand ebay ratings but it says he has 97% positive feedback, that seems to imply he has more good than bad ratings..I must be missing something...I need to learn quickly cauase there a bunch of things I'm looking to buy on ebay for the bike...

I must not understand ebay ratings but it says he has 97% positive feedback, that seems to imply he has more good than bad ratings..I must be missing something...I need to learn quickly cauase there a bunch of things I'm looking to buy on ebay for the bike...

Auggie...the guy has a feedback of over 2000. Apparently he kept his nose clean for 1500 - 1700 transactions, so at that point, prolly had a decent feedback.

Lately his business practices have gone down the tube and the last 4 pages of his feedbacks are mostly very bad! Words like thief, crook, etc. are common in those pages.

That's why his feedback rating is 97%....but it sure won't be for long!

Click on the sellers name, then on "see all feedback"....I've never really seen anything this bad before.

Edit, Sorry, click on "see all" after clicking on the sellers name.

The ad says in bold yellow print that before filing a claim or complaint to contact them as customer satisfaction is their top priority. What did they say ? :ummm:

Sorry to hear u got ripped Kevin. Thanks for posting though. I won't even look at what this guy sells. People like that need to know we tell each other about this stuff.
Steve-0

First off I buy way too much crap on Ebay. Been a member since 98. Feedback while not a perfect system , does eventually do it's job. There is a level of responsibility of the buyer to read the feedback. I also can't believe eBay is letting this guy continue selling since they had to pay out for numerous claims already! Unbelievable! Maybe that is why eBay has to raise it's rates. Lastly, there a sucker born every... Well you know the saying. :confused2:

I've been on the inside of this story. I used to be a bike breaker, I tore apart bikes and ATV's and sold off the good parts on Ebay. I did everything: I dismantled the machine one day, cleaned up the parts and checked electrics and tolerances the next, took photographs and shelved on Wednesday, and listed the whole machine on Thursday. Then a week later when the auctions ended, I shipped out everything on Friday.

All this in the bike shop of a senior mechanic in town, who had accumulated a lot of wrecks/blown motor machines. I built that part of his business from the ground up, brand new Ebay account, handled every single aspect of the business.
Well poor management and misuse of funds during the recession got that shop shut down. These guys moved everything in the shop to new digs across town. All the parts I had labeled and sorted and shelved and organized got dumped in an old semi trailer that smelled like piss and pot. I couldn't get at any of the parts to ship them, and many of them were broken in the move.
Boss wouldn't get me help to move the stuff out of the trailer (no I can't lift a 'Busa motor out of the way to get the fairing set behind it), and there was NO storage for any of it. No place to pack a box, no printer to print off a shipping label. No lift or tools to tear apart any more machines. I'm not working under a semi trailer. I built that Ebay business up from nothing, but I'm wouldn't pull it out of the cesspool. I left and didn't go back, although I really liked the job.

His feedback was great while I was there. But his employees have zero customer service skills, don't deal with questions or refunds, or worry about shipping the part until they happen across it. Now their feedback sucks.

I'm betting this guy with the mirrors lost a key employee and hasn't got the discipline or foresight to actually take care of the business somebody else built.

The ad says in bold yellow print that before filing a claim or complaint to contact them as customer satisfaction is their top priority. What did they say ? :ummm:
I am not getting any response from them. So they really don't care about customer satisfactio

WHY CAN'T YOU FILE A CLAIM ? .. :confused2:
E Bay and Paypal put a 45 day post purchase date limit on filing a claim.

I am going to file a claim through my bank/visa and see where that gets me.

Jenn, excellent point that you make. I am sure that there is a reason for this issue, but it still is not right.

This is my fault for NOT reading his rating reviews before the purchase. This is my first negative transaction in over 10 years. So with that said, when I found the mirrors that I was looking for, I jumped the gun and pulled out my wallet. So now it is all part of the learning curve.

Word to the wise, make sure you have your glasses on when the mod monkey is on your back. (exception being V max forum venders.)

Don't beat yourself too bad Kevin, it looks like that seller just started with his crooked ways, when you ordered the mirrors his feedback may not even have started downward yet.

Damn Mod Monkey! It will be the death of us all I tell you! The bane of our existence! Signed, Dr Strangelove

I bet Coffee Brake's right on about this guy. Probably owns a bike shop or something, and the guy who did the ebay stuff left. Looked to be a perfectly reputable seller until about a month ago.

I've done a fair amount of stuff with ebay also, my job last summer was to catalogue and list a pretty large inventory of NLA outboard motor parts. Thankfully before I left I gave my boss a tutorial on turbo lister and how to watch the store and ship items when needed. I just checked on the store and it's still got 100% feedback.

Always gotta check the feedback history. In general I tend to avoid any seller with less than 98%. You can learn a lot from people's comments....slow to ship, doesn't ship as stated(had an issue with that once around a PO box, said they would ship mail and sent it UPS), doesn't pack items well(so maybe don't buy fragile items from them), ect.

If it's an "off the shelf" item, chances are there's more than one seller on ebay with it. Check for other sellers and buy from the one with the best feedback.

Since ebay introduced DSRs (detailed seller rating), lots of sellers now put stuff all over their listing or message you after the sale asking me to leave all 5 star ratings and to contact them if I wasn't fully satisfied. Seems sellers that "request" good ratings tend to be worse than others that actually earn good ratings with fast service and fair prices. One seller like this took a while to ship my item, and sent it parcel post, not priority mail(after charging $15 to ship a flat). The item was fine, but I sent them a message saying I was planning on leaving 3 stars for shipping speed, and 1 for shipping cost. I got an almost frantic response asking me to reconsider and leave better ratings, with some lame excuse for the shipping delay. I told them that I would leave 5 star ratings if they refunded their absurd shipping charge, which of course "I would do but unfortunately I'm not allowed to send refunds by my boss". Oh well.

not good as i bought the same mirrors from the same guy feb 9th. will see how it goes.
damn.

I have been on the phone with Bank of America many times today trying to see if they can help me. Well it turn out that since I have Paypal withdraw the funds directly out of my account as opposed to going through my debit(visa) card, they can't do anything for me either. So here is another lesson learned. Glad I am only out $27.

Well I guess that the old saying " the squeaky wheel get the oil" still holds true. Very much to my surprise, this guy finally sent my mirrors on the 20th and they arrived today. He never did respond to any of my emails, he just sent the item.

Well I guess that the old saying " the squeaky wheel get the oil" still holds true. Very much to my surprise, this guy finally sent my mirrors on the 20th and they arrived today. He never did respond to any of my emails, he just sent the item.

are you gonna leave positive feedback?
it took him a long time to ship because the closest post office for him is 90 miles away, thats pretty far on foot!!!!!!

he didnt respond to any emails because his village only has 1 computer that they all chip in on to maintain.

do you know how much rice 27 american dollars buys? hes swimming in rice right now, his family eats good tonight, rest well that youve done a good thing. his wife and family thank you.

In my situation i went and filed a complaint with pay-pal (e-bay) and then ordered a set of the same from a differant e-bay seller. I recieved them just a couple days later.
I MAY get the original set in the mail, will see.
michael

Back