Dork needs help...exhaust note?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stites

Reaction score
I feel really steewpid asking this, but I've never heard an aftermarket exhaust on a Vmax. I have, however, seen a ton of vids showing the Max do what it does best, with anything from stock, to UFO to Kerker to Mark's to open headers to forced induction, and in every clip I see with modded pipes, that little motor sounds like a screamin Pro Stock V8 drag car!

Do they in real life?

Yes they do. I have a Mark Performance Pipe in SS/12" can that sounds like a built small block. It'll turn heads most every time !:punk:

+1 to Brian. With the right aftermarket pipe, the Vmax sounds amazing. One of the coolest sounding machines on the street IMO

+1000 on the Marks Pipes. They are one of the best sounding systems out there. As a matter of fact, here is a set up for sale. :biglaugh: :whistlin:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=659

My Muscle Jet kit is for sale too.

If you're in the market for pipes and haven't heard any in person, I would suggest waiting until you get to hear a couple different types. The sound clips on the internet don't do anything justice.

Pretty much any FULL system with proper jetting can get you near the 120 HP level. Sean is doing a bunch of testing on that right now and I'm curious to see the results.

No doubt about it!! Mark's 4 - 2 with a simple needle shim and A/F adjust developed 117.1 hp and 79.6 ft lbs of torque on the dyno on my '99!

They sound mean, mean and won't embarass you in a crowd!! :eusa_dance:

i bought bill kratz' 17" (over 14" normally) cans from walker. i like the quiet tone at idle. they're quiter than my supertrapps were with 8/9 disks. once u get on 'em them tho, they're loud. never heard 'em from behind while on the road but a few guys here have.

i bought bill kratz' 17" (over 14" normally) cans from walker. i like the quiet tone at idle. they're quiter than my supertrapps were with 8/9 disks. once u get on 'em them tho, they're loud. never heard 'em from behind while on the road but a few guys here have.

I have, I heard them from behind! Not cause I lost a race to him....well, I did lose the race, but that was because we were in lower gears and he has t-boost......the other race was different cause we......oh never mind! The point is...they sound good!! :biglaugh:

I have, I heard them from behind! Not cause I lost a race to him....well, I did lose the race, but that was because we were in lower gears and he has t-boost......the other race was different cause we......oh never mind! The point is...they sound good!! :biglaugh:

haha shoulda hear danny and us doing all sorts of rpm/gear matches and WOTing it. fun times up and down the tachonic. the 2nd gear 20 mph roll on until 4th gear redline was fun. and highly illegal.

haha shoulda hear danny and us doing all sorts of rpm/gear matches and WOTing it. funny times up and down the tachonic. the 2nd gear 20 mph roll on until 4th gear redline was fun. and highly illegal.

It sure was fun!!! I'm sure there were several of New York's finest trying to get an accoustic 'fix' on us that day!! :rofl_200:

It sure was fun!!! I'm sure there were several of New York's finest trying to get an accoustic 'fix' on us that day!! :rofl_200:

i'm glad we didn't stick around one spot too long. i'm sure we could be heard a mile off.

I haven't heard that many excuses in one paragraph since Barney Frank's last speech on the financial collapse. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I've heard a lot of the different systems and personally I like the Marks, Kerker and HMF the best. HMF is no longer made though. I had Walkers on mine for a while and they IMO are the best fitting best looking PIPES on the market. His cans with the flat end don't do it for me and the lack of cross over means it doesn't have the off balance cam sound like Marks does.

Chris

I've heard a lot of the different systems and personally I like the Marks, Kerker and HMF the best. HMF is no longer made though. I had Walkers on mine for a while and they IMO are the best fitting best looking PIPES on the market. His cans with the flat end don't do it for me and the lack of cross over means it doesn't have the off balance cam sound like Marks does.

Chris

+1 to that. Dale Walker's holeshots are lookers for sure. Beautiful pipes without a doubt. But as you noted, there are others that sound better. At least IMO.

I remember a certain day in September hearing a rumble in the distance......

It was like Saturday night right before the green flag drops:punk:

The advice to listen to as many of them as you can in person is the best advice you will ever get.....

Some of them have a deep throb at idle that turns into a roar.....

Others crackle like a dragster........

I have Supertrapp slip ons 'cause I can't decide what I want it to sound like yet....

I am hoping the Brownie Run will give me the exposure to the different pipes I need to make my decision:confused2:

haha shoulda hear danny and us doing all sorts of rpm/gear matches and WOTing it. fun times up and down the tachonic. the 2nd gear 20 mph roll on until 4th gear redline was fun. and highly illegal.

all legal 'til yo get caught :punk::punk:

+ 1 on the ,Mark's or Walkers great sound and look super tough on the bike. and yup the max sounds like a nitro burning nervous dragster with a kerker :punk:

Back