Dunlop Qualifier 150/90/15?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
I have a dunlop quailifier 150/90/15 and need to get a new one. Can I get maybe a 170 in that size and what is the best place to get those puppy's?

Thanks,
Abe

I have a dunlop quailifier 150/90/15 and need to get a new one. Can I get maybe a 170 in that size and what is the best place to get those puppy's?

Thanks,
Abe

Abe-Don't know about Dunlops, but for Shinko's, a lot of guys went thru Bike Bandit. Redbone put me on to Tires Unlimited and I had good dealings with them. Google either place and check Dunlop prices.

A 170 Shinko fit the stock set up with no issues at all.

Honestly - don't renew the Dunlop - they are very poor tires!

You can get a Shinko T230 for half the money, the 170/80-15 fits perfectly if you like wider or they also come in the 150/90-15 OEM size, and it's a MUCH better tire. They also do 110/90-18 and 120/90-18 for the front - I went with the stock 110 and I love it, while others got the 120 and most fitted fine but some needed mods to the fender. Personally, I think the stock size is better for the front.
Or if you wanna drop more $$, you can get a Metzeler ME880 rear but you won't be able to get a matching front.
All the people who have tried both the ME880 and T230 said they prefer the T230.

I used B ike Bandit, got both front AND rear Shinkos delivered to my door for $146. Try and beat that and I'll buy you a round!

Honestly - don't renew the Dunlop - they are very poor tires!

You can get a Shinko T230 for half the money, the 170/80-15 fits perfectly if you like wider or they also come in the 150/90-15 OEM size, and it's a MUCH better tire. They also do 110/90-18 and 120/90-18 for the front - I went with the stock 110 and I love it, while others got the 120 and most fitted fine but some needed mods to the fender. Personally, I think the stock size is better for the front.
Or if you wanna drop more $$, you can get a Metzeler ME880 rear but you won't be able to get a matching front.
All the people who have tried both the ME880 and T230 said they prefer the T230.

I used B ike Bandit, got both front AND rear Shinkos delivered to my door for $146. Try and beat that and I'll buy you a round!

The only reason I went with the Dunlop is because I wanted to match the front. My front dunlop is in great shape still. Is it OK to mismatch the front dunlop with the rear shinko?

Thanks,
Abe

Latest posts

Back