ebc or oem clutches?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
I bought pcw's stiff clutch spring took out the barnett clutches and put back in my old eom clutches, and now I'm getting 4th and 5th gear slip. So barnetts suck so I'm between the OEM's and EBC's clutches, which are better, they look like they are possibly made from same material.
so which is better OEM or EBC clutches?

Always hard to beat OEM.

What oil do you use? Just make sure it says nothing about being "Energy Conserving" on it.

Chris

I sell both and mostly use the OEM. As noted they are hard to beat.

been using 20-50 delvac. Use it in the jet boat and everything that I rag the shit out of...lol
hey sean whats your price on both, may be giving you a call here pretty quick.

OEM are $9.46 each plate. $25 exchanged for bead blasted steels (new lower price!). $7.44 Clutch Cover gasket. $75 DD spring if upgrading to heavy duty clutch.

EBC: $135 Retail vs $110 your cost

Email me directly if interested.
Sean

What about the rest of the Barnett clutch set up. As good as or better than the double D? Rand

Not nearly as strong as the DD setup but also not as hard to pull.

sean would you say the following is true:

stock - 100%
barnet - 120% more holding power and pull
PCW - 150% more holding power and pull
DD - 200%% more holding power and pull

and if so, is that barnet number with their plates and spring or just their spring or do you do it all at once?

Sounds about right though I am not sure PCW's is 50% increase.

Barnett is the spring conversion and outer pressure plate. I normally don't use their fibers though have used a custom made set a few times. Mostly just use OEM fibers.

Sean

PCW is just the spring and you add that full clutch, take out the half one right?

Just a heavier spring. They used to sell a kit with spring, gasket, and a full size friction. You don't HAVE to swap the half disc for full disc but it will hold better

Sounds about right though I am not sure PCW's is 50% increase.

Barnett is the spring conversion and outer pressure plate. I normally don't use their fibers though have used a custom made set a few times. Mostly just use OEM fibers.

Sean

what would you rate pcw at?

Yeah crap I forgot all about asking sean on pricing thru here, I ordered oem clutches thru PCW alittle bit ago..
I have about 100 miles on some barnett clutches if anyone cares for them, just pay shipping and 10 bucks...lol

my luck so far
stock 95%
barnett 80% lots of slip in 4th and 5th. even after I put the correct fiber first..lol
pcw spring and removal of back washers and added friction plate 120% no slip.

the PCW spring is a pretty good bit stiffer than the oem, I've broken both my wrists and I tell you in traffic it's obvious to me that it's stiffer.

Back