ECU reflash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is going to void the warranty I can't see how this would be remotely worth doing.

If it is going to void the warranty I can't see how this would be remotely worth doing.

You would - in double - IF you felt the difference in performance!

Besides, do you think Yamaha Central sends agents around testing your ECU for 'irregularities', or something? How on earth would they know - assuming anything ever happened that would require warranty work?

Tim provides a sticker on the reflashed ECU. If it makes you uncomfortable, after feeling the difference in performance, simply peel it off and stash it someplace the boogey man from Yamaha won't notice.

Got my reflashed ECU back in the bike on Tuesday, rode it the last two days to work and back. Nothing but good so far. Good things, no engine bog in the holeshot, better torque in the midrange, and no leaning out at the beginning of a throttle advance. Well worth the money spent and the bike is out of warranty now anyway, so I don't care about that.

Warranty, Schmarranty!

Ain't nobody using them anyway....:confused2: ;)

Where is the speed limiter on the stock ECU set at? I was just out last night and was up to 150mph until I ran out of room.

The Speedo reads around 8% high.

I'm going to get out later and see what I can max it out at but it certainly well past what the limiter is supposed to be set at.

for those that have done the re-flash, is it worth it? Is it noticeable on the streets or mostly on the track? I do enjoy racing to the next stop light but not dragging. To avoid jail, I rarely will redline the bike since that would likely see you in the triple digits in short time. so with that said how much of the new map is going to get used.
Yeah. It's totally worth it. It's scary fast now. Moto mafia did my flash. I just did a few mods to my bike. K&N Air filter, took that plastic piece out of the air box and voo doo cat delete slip on exaust. It's like a rocket now. Haven't had the chance to do a top speed run yet. But very noticeable in difference in take off power. You should do the flash. I recommend Moto Mafia. Took like 4 days to get it back after I shipped it.

Back