Electrical fitting on clutch master cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a safety interrupt so if the bike is in gear, you can pull in the clutch lever and the bike will start. Bypassing it will allow the bike to start whether or not the bike is in gear. My advice....switch is cheap to replace. Body panels, handlebars, lights are far more expensive should you forget that the bike is in gear if you start with these safetys bypassed.

Its a safety interrupt so if the bike is in gear, you can pull in the clutch lever and the bike will start. Bypassing it will allow the bike to start whether or not the bike is in gear. My advice....switch is cheap to replace. Body panels, handlebars, lights are far more expensive should you forget that the bike is in gear if you start with these safetys bypassed.
I don't start the motor in gear so that isn't an issue. I've got a radial master I plan to use but the switch isn't an option on it.

. Body panels, handlebars, lights are far more expensive should you forget that the bike is in gear if you start with these safetys bypassed.
Lol I made this mistake the other day. safe to say the clutch switch has been bypassed in some way. The previous owner also bypassed the kickstand switch I think. The kickstand doesn't come anywhere near the switch at full lock. Are these circuits related in anyway?

Lol I made this mistake the other day. safe to say the clutch switch has been bypassed in some way. The previous owner also bypassed the kickstand switch I think. The kickstand doesn't come anywhere near the switch at full lock. Are these circuits related in anyway?
No idea

Yes, The side stand and clutch switches are linked.
If you pull in the clutch to select a gear with the side stand down then the starter circuit relay will be activated and the engine will stop.

IMO it is rarely a good idea to bypass safety features. They are there to protect us from ourselves.

Yes, The side stand and clutch switches are linked.
If you pull in the clutch to select a gear with the side stand down then the starter circuit relay will be activated and the engine will stop.
Thank you Midnight. Someone has certainly bypassed this on my bike. :/ Eventually I'll get around to fixing that too.

Back