Eliminating Stock Handlebar Risers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DianCecht

Reaction score
Been a long time since I've participated in a forum, but this is probably the best place to ask... I'm wanting to do some mods to my 2005 Vmax, which I've had for a couple years. One of the things I would like to do is replace the stock solid risers with a set of T Bars. I think the only picture I've managed to find in which this is done is on the FatMax page (the orange one with the faux tank that replaces the scoops). The easiest way I could figure would be to find a nice set of T Bars that would bolt straight to the triple clamp and taper down to 7/8" for the controls... but I can't find shit in that regard. Does anybody have any idea as to how this could be accomplished?

Currently I'm running with dragbars in a GenMar Riser, but I'd really like to make it a bit more "naked" up front. Obviously, I'd be replace the headlight and turn signal setup into something a bit more cruiser. I think this mods might be blasphemy in the Vmax community, but I'm out of options... so I seek a consult. Thanks!

I don't see any that will accept the 7/8" controls... Does anyone know if some of the 1" controls of other Yammys will match the wiring harness? Maybe that's how it was accomplish. Looked pretty stock, though.

Not sure about direct wire but you can wire about anything. We used a set of Harley based Performance Machine (we are a dealer for them) controls on the reaper build. Was a challenge figuring out which way to do the harness though.

Sean

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I had an old XJ that I wired controls to... don't know why I'm really fretting over wiring harness, haha. The input is very much appreciated.

Sean - I'll have to look for some picture of the reaper build and check that out. I poke on here from time to time and search for old information - lot of respect for you and how you're involved in the VMax world.

Sam - http://www.motorcyclepartsaccessoriesandclothing.com.au/Uploads/Images/mid_xvs1100-dbl-t-bars.jpg

Hey Sean - you might know... the risers compatible with Vmax always tend to show 1/2 - 13 mounting bolt specs. I believe the riser mounts to be 3 1/2" apart on the triple clamp. Is this correct? If so... there are some Harley TBars that might just be a direct fit.

Latest posts

Back