Embarrassed a 09 V-Max last night

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nobody

Reaction score
Soooooooo....

I filled my Max up with some VP 116 and headed out to the local Car/Bike night. Ran into some "friends" and one of them had out his 2009 V-Max, had all the goodies and is very fast.

After hanging out for a few hours we all started to leave. My "friend" and I headed out at the same time heading in the same direction. We played a little bit, but the traffic was to heavy to really go to it.

But...once out on the highway it was a different story, lined them up in 3rd gear and went WOT. My SUPERCHARGED V-MAX pulled like no bike I have ever ridden, the noise coming from the Blower and exhaust is sick. I was able to pull ahead of the 09 with each gear change and once in 5th gear I was ahead by?? I wasn't looking in the mirrors at ??? (no Speedo).

Regardless It was rewarding to know that the $$$$$ spent on my bike paid off.

Attachments

• SS851128.jpg
    SS851128.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 120
that's awesome! Downside: You have probably the cost of 2 2009 Vmaxs in time and parts on yours. :)

Still, I'd pay to see that on video.

Great story. I bet the race was fun to watch, let alone participate in. How many HP is your bike putting down?

If anyone buys a Gen2 thinking it's going to be the fastest bike on the street they'll encounter, they're going to be disappointed.

Id pay even more run it myself. I went and talked to one of the local Pro Stock drag bike guys in town here and was inquiring about building a motor for my Max. With the big bore and pistons and such he said he could do the motor up to 220bhp give or take a few. He also said the guy he talked to to get parts from said he had an '09 that was putting out 178 or so mostly stock with pipes. Thats not that much. Totally reachable on a Gen I. I cant wait to spend money I shouldnt so I can go head to head with my buddys Busa.

Don't know the HP yet.

Your never going to see a vidio of his bike race. We do it at night, one on one, no witnesses, just 2 bikes doing there thing.

High speed runs where I live is a big no no. To many cops, cars and shitty roads. Just happend to work out that we were going the same dirrection at the same time.

I don't think I will be doing it agian anytime soon.

I think next is the dyno then the drag strip.

Thats what is great about the gen 1 yeah you have 20k + in a custom max but you are not going to go out and see another one like it its yours and vision of what a vmax should be. JIM

Thats what is great about the gen 1 , yeah you have 20k + in a custom max but you are not going to go out and see another one like it , its yours and vision of what a vmax should be. JIM
I SECOND THAT ! , YOU HAVE A ONE OFF BIKE THATS AWESOME & THERE IS NO BETTER FEELING THEN WINNING THAT RACE ON YOUR OWN BIKE THAT YOU BUILT & HAVE THE ONLY ONE OF ! .. MY HATS OFF TO YOU ! .. :punk:

Wasn't that bike on ebay not too long ago? I guess it didn't sell, or not for a price you wanted.

I don't know I could ever sell something like that. Too special, too much time/effort/money/care into it.

Hell, I got an offer for my custom built minibike the other day, a guy was at my house to pick up my old pos quad and he saw it. He offered me a grand for it on the spot and I turned him down, some things just aren't for sale at any price to me. I enjoy it too much and spent too much time on it to part ways.

If I was single Bob's bike would be in my garage right now....

Love to hear the old Gen 1 held up to the name.I could care less the money spent on it ,the gen 1 is a legend bike.Chain drive and a supercharger sounds alot better than a 700 lb gen2.I just got my motor back from pcw with the new output shaft setup for the chain drive and it looks ready for some hard riding.227hp at under 500lb= gen 2 fellings hurt.To add to this i got much less than a gen 2 cost in my bike,I bought it already with 1500 setup used.:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back