Emeril Legasse nut cracker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
As Emeril says, "take it up a notch, BAM!"

Well this fellow is very lucky, and was for about 25 years, because he was using a Chicom hand grenade to crack-open walnuts during that time!

How-many times watching WW II movies have you seen combatants throwing the same grenade at each other? One throws it, the opponent picks it up and heaves it back. The original thrower, maybe again, if time hasn't run-out.

I don't know about you, but I tend to explore things. If I had something w/a screw-on end of the handle cap, I'd probably unscrew it to see how it's built. But in this circumstance, I hope if someone gave this to me, as the owner said, I might recognize it as ordinance, and suggest he leave my side immediately, and go to the police dept, but call them first, and tell them he was bringing something to a vacant field close to their station, and would wait for them a distance away.

Unscrewing the handle end cap, and pulling on it, w/a line attached, is how you arm the fuze for detonation. Timed, of course. How-much time do you have?

It does look like one of those wood mallets for driving wood chisels.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a24544/hand-grenade-crack-nuts/

Back