English Electronics firm?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewrench

Reaction score
Hey guys, anybody know the name of the English firm that builds electrical components for Jap cycles. I think it was Electrotech or Electronex or something like that. I have a friend who just purchased his first m/c, (honda nighthawk 650) but his ignition box is fried. I put one of these English units on a XL650 last winter but can't remember the name and can't find it on the net.
Thanks
FW:ummm:

Wouldn't be Lucus ( boy, my spelling is off tonite)-------- better known as " The prince of Darkness".

I think they only made the electrical for cars, but I could be wrong.

No, I'm quite familiar with the Prince of Darkness. My roommate in the early 80's had a BSA which we figured meant Bastard Stopped Again. Lucas did indeed make the electrics on that machine.
This company makes(made?) ignitors and rec/regs for jap bikes. I bought one last year but can't seem to find them this year. Out of business?

Built a couple Triumphs, back in the day. The name Lucas still gives me cold sweats.
That's why the Brits drink warm beer---Lucas makes refrigerators. :rofl_200:

dan

"Electrex". You were close. I don't know if they make ignition boxes, but I've got a R/R unit for my '85 which works great!

That's it! Thanks. I looked and they only repair the ignition box for his bike (and you have to live in England to qualify). But, as you stated, they do build the rec/reg and their quality is pretty good.

Latest posts

Back