Exhaust choice......again......I know.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1-1/2" for a high HP bike is too small. It will be too restrictive. I wont like it.

I'm OK with the same DB, just at a lower freq. Its all the high/tinny/raspy stuff that sounds like crap and is fatiguing on the ears. Loud/low/thumpy is awesome.
Two Bros makes some nice pipes with their black CF series. I've had them on a couple sportbikes in the past. I am going to see if I can fab up something to fit one of their pipes on my max. 2.25" ID baffle, straight through design, should be ample flow with killer styling....

Attachments

• M-2_Black-Cf_wht.jpg
    M-2_Black-Cf_wht.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 17
Hey Boost, earlier in this thread you said you'd like to look at the Marks but you have a 4-1. I know a couple of people on here have gotten this set up from Mark. He should be able to make you a can to fit your ufo pipes.

A universal supertrapp would do well also. just get one in 2 or 2.5" flavor and add or subtract disks as the sound you want warrants.

hey vmax mike, jon prolly did'nt tell ya how HMF designed his ufo 4-2 system did he? hmf did all the research & development

Well, after sitting down and doing some flow calculations, it turns out that 2.25" exhaust will not flow more than 180 BHP without becoming restrictive. My max should be 200+BHP. 2.5" will handle 235BHP without restriction. Looks like I need to stick with a 2.5" can. Argh....not too many options there as many have a 2.5" opening, but only have a 2" or 2.25" baffle. I'll keep looking. Unfortunately many manufacturers dont publish their ID through their cans. I could fab up a stacked dual setup on one side which would be cool, but will be pricey..... We'll see.

Well, after sitting down and doing some flow calculations, it turns out that 2.25" exhaust will not flow more than 180 BHP without becoming restrictive. My max should be 200+BHP. 2.5" will handle 235BHP without restriction. Looks like I need to stick with a 2.5" can. Argh....not too many options there as many have a 2.5" opening, but only have a 2" or 2.25" baffle. I'll keep looking. Unfortunately many manufacturers dont publish their ID through their cans. I could fab up a stacked dual setup on one side which would be cool, but will be pricey..... We'll see.
Talk to Mark at Mark's Performance Pipes, he can make cans to your specifications, he does all the work himself. Evan (Mr NST) ordered his exhaust with 2.75" openings on his cans!!!:punk: Here's his thread about his exhaust w/ video's: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=18115

Boostmax I would call Jon Cornell and tell him what you want and see what he has to say. Your bike is his field bro.

Jon doesn't tell a lot of the things he's screwed people over with. The superchargers are VERY ineffecient so it takes a lot to put them over 200rwhp.

Don't think an exhaust change only will get you there.

Sean

Jon doesn't tell a lot of the things he's screwed people over with. The superchargers are VERY ineffecient so it takes a lot to put them over 200rwhp.

Don't think an exhaust change only will get you there.

Sean

What are you talking about? Who said anything about Jon? Who said anything about anyone getting screwed over? Who said anything about an exhaust change making something getting over 200 RWHP?

I said my bike is ALREADY around 200 BHP, thats Brake Horse Power! 165RWHP + 20% for driveline losses equals 198 Brake Horse Power. Jon actually told me that he'd be surprised if it made 150 RWHP, nothing misleading there!

Quit with the Jon bashing already. You and he have some PERSONAL issues that you two need to resolve. Stop taking every opportunity in every thread to talk shit. My personal extremely positive experiences along with countless others here on this forum in addition to his excess of 1000 sales at 100% feedback on ebay show that the man makes a quality product and his customers are happy customers. You cant single out the few bad experiences and ignore the mass of good experiences. There will be customers of any top company that will have a bad experience from time to time, yet the company retains it's good image due to the large number of positive experiences vs. the negative. There will be companies that start out rough, but polish up better than the rest over time....just look at Hyundai! 10 years ago, they were absolute garbage with angry customers, now, they're top of the charts in every category! You and he a are competitors, you're probably going to butt heads as most competitors do! Its all part of being in the business. This reminds me of watching political debates where candidates spend more time and energy talking shit about the other than they do actually promoting why they or their product is superior. :bang head:

In the big picture, you and he create high quality, unique products to the VMax enthusiast that give us, the consumer, options of how to feed the mod monkey and allow us to be excited and have fun with our bikes! Focus on providing the best service and the highest level of quality that you can and let the consumer decide what is best for them based on that.

This thread is about different exhaust options. Lets stick to the topic OK? :clapping:

Talk to Mark at Mark's Performance Pipes, he can make cans to your specifications, he does all the work himself. Evan (Mr NST) ordered his exhaust with 2.75" openings on his cans!!!:punk: Here's his thread about his exhaust w/ video's: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=18115

Thanks for the Tip RedBone, if I cant find something readily available, I'll do just that. I'd honestly like to try to find something used off a sportbike or something to save some serious $$$$

Boostmax I would call Jon Cornell and tell him what you want and see what he has to say. Your bike is his field bro.

I spoke with Jon the other day. Unfortunately, he doesnt have anything to offer as far as a sportbike style canister goes.

When you get a hold of Mark, Ask him about the 4-2-1 he did for Novie's old supercharged bike. It made about 200 with a 15lb pulley, and wasn't all that crazy loud. It had a nice low rumble to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP7WL9DKnlw&feature=player_embedded#!

Thanks for the clip, that does sound good indeed! :punk:

hey vmax mike, jon prolly did'nt tell ya how HMF designed his ufo 4-2 system did he? hmf did all the research & development

Yes, he hired a top tier exhaust manufacturer to use the millions of dollars of investment in CAD/CAE/flow simulation in conjunction with their engine dyno labs to come up with the highest performing, most optimized exhaust system so that he could manufacture it and offer it to us VMax enthusiasts so that we could reap the benfits.

If thats not a run on sentence, I dont know what is!!

Back